Bought My First Swede

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know yet.

The lapua brass was very nice, but still required the flash holes to be deburred. Not a big deal, but I was hoping to do nothing to it. Got all 200 pieces deburred and primed.

As expensive as Lapua brass is, I'd hope it to require not much finishing. I still have yet to order some but it's on the list of things to get.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it came. What a hunk of no shooting junk. MoBoost shot 3 different loads (3 rounds each) into a group that was about an inch. 4 of the firs 6 rounds were touching. Rifle is beautiful. All numbers matching (except the cleaning rod). I'll get some pictures. Went straight to the range yesterday and got home too late for pics.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Par for the course for a Swedish M96 - now you see why those rifles consistently place in the top 5 in a milsurp bolt action competition, huh? :wink2: Is that varnish on the butt stock, where the range plate used to be? A lot of soldiers and civvie owners would do that to preserve the plate, but it should be easy enough to remove the varnish if you want to clean it up there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom