Bristow newcomer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, we did it. Closed on a house and land just south of Bristow yesterday and spent today moving things out there. Have been wanting out of the big city for years and finally made it happen. We will be back and for for the next few months and should be out there permanently after school is out in Bethany. Wondering who on here might be in the area and if there are any good places to shop for guns, gear, and general needs in the area. Also a good lumber/hardware store will become useful soon. And will be looking for a job in a few months as well.

Hello to all my future neighbors.

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't live there but my wife has family out off of Highway 48 (I believe) and W 311th St S. I always loved going out there. Not that far away but definitely away from most of things. Congrats on the move.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The welding supply/gun store on south main (Name escapes me at the moment) has good selection of reloading supplies. Old Shoe Trading Post is closer to Stroud than Bristow but also has guns and reloading supplies. Some good food in Bristow: Thursday night catfish at Bookout's Drive In is outstanding. I haven't been in years but Oscars which is open only for lunch had great sandwiches and pie. The home style cooking with homemade bread and pie at Mid America Stock Yards on sale day is excellent.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. We have spent the weekend moving stuff and will be doing more over the next few months. Still getting setup. Need to find a home phone and rural internet next...

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tractor Supply will be nice to have and I saw what looks like a decent lumber yard near downtown. Walmart Supercenter just off the turnpike and a couple of pawn shops. Haven't had a chance to look around much yet tho.

Latest posts

Top Bottom