Burris Fastfire III any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wound up with one of these at the last gun show... it was mounted on a scope that I wanted, and the guy made me a package deal for everything that was too good to pass up. It seems like a pretty slick little micro holo sight... I like the easy controls, auto bright/dim, and auto off. I am giving some thought to putting it on a semi auto sniper build I'm working on in a 45 degree offset position as a backup/emergency close range sight, but I don't know anything about their quality and reputation for reliability. This will be a serious purpose rifle, and I don't want any junk on it. So are these things any good? Would you use one as a backup sight on a serious use rifle?

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wound up with one of these at the last gun show... it was mounted on a scope that I wanted, and the guy made me a package deal for everything that was too good to pass up. It seems like a pretty slick little micro holo sight... I like the easy controls, auto bright/dim, and auto off. I am giving some thought to putting it on a semi auto sniper build I'm working on in a 45 degree offset position as a backup/emergency close range sight, but I don't know anything about their quality and reputation for reliability. This will be a serious purpose rifle, and I don't want any junk on it. So are these things any good? Would you use one as a backup sight on a serious use rifle?

Then why risk it? You know who the best players are.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you answered your own question - No, i'd pass on the Burris.

Then again, most people say stuff like that and buy the low end junk anyways.

For the Quick Reflex type. Trijicon RMR or Vortex HD or Insight MRDS…………………….………The Leupold has had mixed reviews. Put the $ where the -- is and don't look backwards.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer the higher end brands that were already mentioned but I have heard stories of people who love their Burris and Barska scopes and supposedly shoot very well with them. You know how stories are though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom