Bush's Chili Magic review.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like something new and fresh in Mexican food. I'm tired of the places around here. Their quality has gone down while their prices have gone up.
Try Birreria Diaz if you happen to be in Bethany. Birra is a traditional Mexican dish. Family owned and operated. Tacos Diaz are outstanding too.

If you’re not full walk down to Papa Angelo’s for real NY pizza and an owner that is an unabashed 2A guy with a thick NY accent.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm so disappointed in my OSA brethren.
Canned chili? (Puke!!) If at the point of starvation.....maybe.
Historically chili was made from leftover meats that needed to be served before it spoiled.
Chili from Tx has to be smoking hot in spices, no beans. Up North, not so much heat and beans required.
I'm torn on publishing our chili recipe that won #2 in the Oklahoma State Championship chili cook off.
So much favorable response to canned, makes me question the ability of some to taste the nuances of a really good chili.

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Historically chili was made from leftover meats that needed to be served before it spoiled.
Chili from Tx has to be smoking hot in spices, no beans. Up North, not so much heat and beans required.
I'm torn on publishing our chili recipe that won #2 in the Oklahoma State Championship chili cook off.
So much favorable response to canned, makes me question the ability of some to taste the nuances of a really good chili.
If it has beans, it’s chili bean soup. Chili bean soup ain’t bad but, it ain’t chili! Let the fight begin! 😂

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh, I too have a fantastic chili recipe, and I even can the stuff myself.
That said, I am perfectly capable of opening up a can of Wolf Brand chili 9no beans) and enjoying with some Fritos and cheese, maybe some onions.

When my boy was stationed in Quantico I shipped him a case or two of Wolf Brand. He was horrified to find that it doesn't exist up there.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh, I too have a fantastic chili recipe, and I even can the stuff myself.
That said, I am perfectly capable of opening up a can of Wolf Brand chili 9no beans) and enjoying with some Fritos and cheese, maybe some onions.

When my boy was stationed in Quantico I shipped him a case or two of Wolf Brand. He was horrified to find that it doesn't exist up there.
I like the angus version.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But Texan’s are idiots! As long as it’s not Cincinnati or Greek style, I’m fine with most chili, with or without beans. It’s meat stew after all.

For the record. I think we’d rather have the first place chilli recipe ;)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The members of a couple of our church's small groups got together a while back to have a chili cookoff. After she heard the others talk about how they made their chili, she told me that she would have to enter some of her own so that I would have something that I would like. (I really don't like spicy food.)

About seven different chilis were offered and she won first place with a resoundingly large extra number of points.

She refers to it as her "surprise" chili because she doesn't use a specific recipe. And she surprised me because while she was making it, I saw some spicy asparagus on the counter. She told me that there wouldn't be any of that in the chili.

She lied. Surprised again.

Last edited:

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Asparagus has absolutely zero taste for me....I can't taste it at all. However, my pee really stinks after I've eaten it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom