California signs microstamping into law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They just severely limited the options their comrades have available. I dont know of any guns that currently do that. So basically as of the effective date of that all new gun sales in CA are banned until the manufacturers implement the microstamping.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that the gun company manufactures won't do that, but its like any other business, if they can make money its good to go.

Just speculating here, but does anybody have numbers of guns sold in commifornika? It might be financially good for them to do this. The criminals will just buy new firing pins, if they are not totally stupid.

Most stupid criminals will have guns before the law, and they will catch a few, but the majority of crimes with out micro stamping will be very few.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They most likely have or will pass that any UFO's flying through their airspace will have a full registration number displayed in orange letters no smaller than 5 inches tall on the left side and pay a $50 air use fee. Also, if you eat steak on Tuesdays, you have to hold the fork in your left hand, unless you have purchased it with food stamps.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guns that are currently on the list can still be sold, but you have to renew every three years, so handguns available in California will just dwindle down to nothing over the next three years unless some manufacturer is making enough to abide by all California's stupid rules. Heck, some might actually save some money by being able to cut California out. Currently you need to meet other requirements like a magazine disconnect and visible and tactile loaded chamber indicators and ten round magazines (what I can think of off the top of my head) and some make a special version of certain guns just for California.

OKjoe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sheeple.jpg

Last edited:

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I didn't read the article, but I'm sure this will go for law enforcement as well.

Edit: Okay, I see law enforcement is exempt. Well...imagine that, being above the law...

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It'll probably be ruled as too restrictive. It's kind like how Tennessee(?) tried to enact the law a while back to make it illegal to drive a big truck through the state without the large mud flaps as a way to prevent broken windshields. The SCOTUS said it was too restrictive because trucks would then have to stop at the state lines to change out from the medium size flaps they prefer for the purpose of fuel mileage. This will most likely be found to do the same and be found unconstitutional.

scottb42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Imagine the fun: You go to your local shooting range to burn a box of ammo through your microstamped Glock. Brass flies all over the place, you leave. Joe D. Felon cruises into the range and picks up your empties. Joe then rolls into the local Stop-n-Rob, blows away Ima Victim, scatters a bunch of your empty cases on the ground, and bails with the contents of the cash register. Detectives arrive, pick up your brass, want to guess who they'll be visiting next?

Sure, the bullets they pull out of Ima and from the dairy case probably won't match your piece, but in the meantime your life will be extraordinarily uncomfortable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom