Can the Secret Service tell you to shut up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yet hundreds of the fools on this forum will line up and vote for the Obamatard again!!

Now, I ain't no lawyer--not quite, anyway--but from what I remember of the Constitution (class was canceled Wednesday, so I'll have to think all the way back to Monday), the President can't make laws all by his lonesome. I'm pretty sure he doesn't get to act until after both of them Houses-o-Congress git their say.

So let's have a look at that l'il ol' record, shall we?

Well, I'll be hornswoggled! It looks like them ol' Republicans control the House, and it passed with only three nays, and ain't none of 'em Okies! And over there in that l'il ol' Senate, it passed by unanimous consent, even though the Republicans have them enough votes to filibuster!

Or, to put it in slightly different language, your representative, both senators, and almost everybody else in the party you appear to support voted for this before Obama got his mitts on it. They sold you out, dude, you and your liberty both.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now, I ain't no lawyer--not quite, anyway--but from what I remember of the Constitution (class was canceled Wednesday, so I'll have to think all the way back to Monday), the President can't make laws all by his lonesome. I'm pretty sure he doesn't get to act until after both of them Houses-o-Congress git their say.So let's have a look at that l'il ol' record, shall we?

Well, I'll be hornswoggled! It looks like them ol' Republicans control the House, and it passed with only three nays, and ain't none of 'em Okies! And over there in that l'il ol' Senate, it passed by unanimous consent, even though the Republicans have them enough votes to filibuster!

Or, to put it in slightly different language, your representative, both senators, and almost everybody else in the party you appear to support voted for this before Obama got his mitts on it. They sold you out, dude, you and your liberty both.

You need to go back and study more. The President can pass a whole litany of laws, rules and reguations through a tool known as The Executive Order. It takes an act of congress to overturn them.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to go back and study more. The President can pass a whole litany of laws, rules and reguations through a tool known as The Executive Order. It takes an act of congress to overturn them.
Well, that's not what happened in this case is it?
The vote is the vote, both in the HoR and the Senate and Dave's post is still right on the money.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This kind of thing is wrong and UnAmerican. Still the origin of the term "free speech zone" goes at least as far back as the 2004 presidential campaign. Which is not to say it's right. I have a wonderful memory from 1980 in which some loud mouth Beeesh was challenging Ronald Reagan over one trivial issue or another. As the cops dragged her out of the place, Reagan said, "I just hope you understand that this is the only nation on earth where you are free to express your opinion." Wild applause of course

Hilarious! But that was many years before we started paying attention.

Latest posts

Top Bottom