Car Audio Systems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just ordered some new speakers from Crutchfield.com $80 for 2 pairs (front and back) with fast shipping (3 days) and the mounting kit and wiring harness included. I'm just replacing the stock ones since 2 aren't working (1 front, 1 rear). They sell everything you could need for audio setup and doing it yourself isn't difficult, just tedious. If you're adding an amp and subwoofer you'll need to run power, ground it properly, and connect to the headunit. Replacing factory speakers isn't bad unless you want to upgrade the wiring at the same time which can be a pain. Headunits aren't difficult once you figure out how to get the old one out (usually a bezel and some screws) and make sure you have the right mounting kit.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OP asked for reputable places to go for sales and installation, some people just like to have a pro service do a job fast and right, I totally understand. I do most all of my own work on all of my own vehicles in my own shop but I buy and re-sell quite a few vehicles too so I end up farming a lot of jobs out to friends shops, thats what keeps businesses open and the economy strong.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have any questions feel free to ask me, I have put a touch screen radio, sub and amp and replaced all of the speakers in my 05 silverado. The best thing about the Chevy trucks is they are super simple to disassemble and re assemble for this.

XDnut

Marksman
Reaction score
What music do you listen to? Are you wanting superb sound quality, or just a decent upgrade? Are you looking to add a little low end (bass) to complement the system as well? Van at Audio Extreme is a dealer for us (Digital Designs) and we are an OKC based car audio manufacture. Unlike 99% now days, we do actually have a line of hand built subwoofers.

Let me know what you are looking for and I'll give you a few suggestions and Van will help you out. If you are on the south side, Brian at Audio Extremist does phenom work as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom