Carl Gustaf Mauser value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You asked for peoples opinion on the possible price of a firearm , then you want to flame a person who gives you an estimate of said firearm and the reason for the estimate. You could have very easily found numerous for sale ads on the internet for your answer.
I'm the OP, not @swampratt , in case you would like to apologize to him

silverarrow

Marksman
Reaction score
I like the scope on a mauser.
Sorry for all you collectors or people that think buying a weapon is for making money. I buy them to put food on the table.
I want all the best things on my weapon to make that happen.

What is a good shooter that is accurate worth?
If it shoots like crap I have no use for it no matter what it is.
Sorry I replied to the wrong post.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
EEEHHH.
I was not worried I was not even here to read this stuff.

Sounds like a pretty good bargain but I have not seen the rifle.

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a bad price if its in great shape which most of them are. Years ago when you could pick these up for 100 at gun shows and they were laying everywhere I got a carbine version. Had my gunsmith put sights on it and crown the barrel then I put it in a sporter stock I found, That is still one of my favorite hunting rifles. It loves 140gr anything.

SSG_McD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I buy a decent amount of mil-surp rifles in various conditions. I personally don’t mind if they are sporterized or tapped or really anything as long as it’s done right. For a rifle to carry in the woods an original rifle is heavy and cumbersome. For a range rifle or something to admire it’s nice to have original condition. The prices are so varied in surplus guns that it’s often hard to nail down a “value.” The best way to think of these rifles is what is it worth to you?