Case tumbler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't tumbled cases in years.
What's the curent media that's preferred?
Walnut hull treated or not?
Corn cob treated or not?
Something else?
Was given a lyman 1200 turbo yesterday.
It's been 40 years since I've needed to use one.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been using coarse-ish corncob media since I started reloading back in the 80's with some Midway media / brass polish added.....has always worked well for me.

tp.jpg

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am running the crushed walnut bought from harbor freight. It is in the area with the sandblasters.
I add a little automotive polish and tumble about 2 hours. They shine like jewelry, this does not clean the insides but I don’t think that is needed. My plan is to fill the insides with burnt carbon deposits and throw them in the dirt.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of the above plus I don’t know if anyone else does this but I add 4 or 5 small (4x4 or similar sizes) fiber or cotton clothes and they collect the dust from the media.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It came with a jug of red colored corn cob media "Lyman" I think. Kinda dusty, is the Green better? It don't look so dusty at the store.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kind of missed the whole part of the thread which stated you were given the Lyman --- sorry, thought it was more a question of tumbling preference when I first read it and so I posted my wet tumble note.

I still will use vibratory from time to time --- I don't do anything fancy though. Like Hangfire I just got with the Midway media/polish combo. One reason I do that (which I'm sure has the potential to start arguments) is that I've been known to run finished rounds for just a smidge of time in there after they are made. They come out somewhat slicker than the ultra bright finish the wet gets them to which can help with feeding/extraction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom