Oklahoma Knife Group Show 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a few gems today. My intent was to find a new folder for EDC, however, I understood that that wasn’t going to be very prominent amongst what people were displaying. Nevertheless, we went to the show and I was amazed to say the least.

I picked up a couple fixed blades, although I don’t really have much practical use for them. They were more impulse purchases, but I’m pretty happy with them.

I had quite a nice conversation with the gentleman from Whorton Blades out of Claremore. These typically aren’t my kind of thing, but he is a very nice guy and we talked about his build process. He had some cool stuff all priced very well.

IMG_4740.jpeg

This next impulse purchase was simply due to my astonishment at the maker of these knives. This is a kid making these! He was there with his parents, and had a table full of his knives. They had a little iPad on the table playing video showing him forging, and building his knives. Super impressive! I am of the opinion that these may have been the best bargain at the show. He was charging between $60 and $80 for each. I understand how much work is going into these, and told him and his mother that I think he’s seriously under-charging. His father shook his head and agreed! Super impressive kid!

IMG_4744.jpeg

IMG_4749.jpeg

Then I picked up what I actually came there to find, and left with two folders.

First one is a gorgeous green classic folding knife from Huse Knives.

IMG_4747.jpeg

IMG_4748.jpeg

Lastly, I picked up this titanium folder. This may have the smoothest action I’ve ever come across. This builder was extremely impressive. I’d recommend looking into Chelette Knives. He had a couple fixed blades that I was also eyeballing, but by this point I had already spent way more than I planned!
IMG_4742.jpeg

IMG_4741.jpeg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I about bought a knife from that kid too. I intentionally didn’t pick up one of those folders from chellet.

I picked up this from nick. He won the fighter knife award with a stunning Bowie.

View attachment 473856View attachment 473855View attachment 473854View attachment 473853

One of my friends I went with bought a folder from him as well after he saw mine. He only had one left on the table after my buddy got his, and this was only a little over an hour into the show. For his sake, I hope he brought more and restocked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom