CCW class pricing max

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double_tap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering if the class prices had max cap? From what I understand by the handbook the cap is set at $60 by the state. I am just double checking this as my local range is increasing their prices to $80 per class after the first of the year, I consider this as price gouging since they are the only range to offer class within a 60 mile radius.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering if the class prices had max cap? From what I understand by the handbook the cap is set at $60 by the state. I am just double checking this as my local range is increasing their prices to $80 per class after the first of the year, I consider this as price gouging since they are the only range to offer class within a 60 mile radius.

Latest from OSBI's instructor material did not allow for a price increase that I saw. Everyone is correct in the fact that SDA caps at $60, but they can charge for incidentals, such as firearm rental, lunch, ammo etc. They are probably going to state that it's range or ammo fee. Question them on the price increase and get back with us. Contact the OSBI if you feel there answer isnt adequate.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
only $60 for the class. ask what the price is if you use your gun and ammo. ask what the extra $20 is for? my cost is $49.95 + FREE USE of gun and ammo + THREE FREE range passes (a $30 value).

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always have and will continue to charge $60. Most of my classes are small, 5-6 and they get a whole lot more instruction than the syllabus lays out. I also allow those without a firearm to use one on mine and I supply ammo for no additional charge. Also, I allow and of my prior class members to attend any future classes if they want a refresher for free.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get your teaching certificate and start your own class and charge the $60. They will say range fee or some BS but as you can see above, it's BS.

Your classes will be full up constantly if you are one of two in a 60 mile radius and yours is cheaper and equally informative.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm sure there are several individuals that offer the class in your area. I know there are in mine (and I'm right on the edge of your 60 mile radius).

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anything adding cost above the $60 class (training) fee should be optional. OSBI told me a few weeks back that the 10 to 1 student to instructor ratio is going to a requirement in the classroom now. Before they told me that was only required on the range. I can see it on the range for sure. In the classroom only one person can be talking at a time.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anything adding cost above the $60 class (training) fee should be optional. OSBI told me a few weeks back that the 10 to 1 student to instructor ratio is going to a requirement in the classroom now. Before they told me that was only required on the range. I can see it on the range for sure. In the classroom only one person can be talking at a time.

The other one walks around and whacks you with a ruler for not paying attention.LOL!

Latest posts

Top Bottom