Cheap 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The other day I ran into walmart to pick up a bulk pack of 9mm. Well as I was browsing their limited selection I noticed that they had federal 100rd packs for $19.99!!! Thst is the cheapest I have seen it in a while. Me and a buddy quickly snatched up the 8 boxes that they had. Hopeefully they get more in at this price so I can stock up. I usually just buy the 50rd boxes and they run $12.97. I was shocked that the 100rd boxes were soo cheap.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I scored a good deal tonight. I stopped by Walmart and strolled through sporting goods. I noticed they were still out of the Remington 115 gr 9mm 100 CT JHP's @ $27.97. That figures out to be about $14 per 50 rds of good JHP's.

I asked the kid behind the counter to scan the tag and see if there were any on order or in the warehouse. Big suprise, their computer showed they had 2 boxes in stock. Turns out that a truck had just came in and was sitting on the dock... it had 2 boxes of the 100 ct JHP 9mm's and 3 boxes of the 100 ct JHP .40 cal's. So I snatched up both boxes of the 9mm's @ just under $60.50 with the tax... and will probably probably go back tonight or tomorrow and get some of the .40's.

They also had several boxes of the 100 ct. Remington .380 JHP's... I think they are around $29. I've got a pretty good supply of those for my LCP.

I was surprised that the bullets were a little dull... normally they are bright copper...the brass was shinny, but the bullets were kind of dull. Might have something to do with increased production.. they might have not spent enough time in the polishing process.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like everyone needs to get into reloading, I have bought used CH progressive presses and a couple of Green Machines at 125.00, if you get them set up there is nothing else left to buy unless it would be a scale to verify the powder charge. Either machine will do 300 to 500 rounds per hr. If you save your empty brass for a while the cost per round can really get down there. I cast my own bullets from foraged lead and wheel weights, Lee tumble lube bullets seem to work well and the molds are about 30 bucks with tax. Using a powder cost of 24.50/lb, and using Tula primers at around 20.00 a thou. throw in a little for bullet lube and you are up to around 2.04 a box of 50 for 9mm and 2.29 for .45acp. The only problem is that it is addictive, you soon want a case tumbler, more and better molds, more dies, better presses, more everything plus you can't resist picking up empty brass at the range which can actually be pretty good exercise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom