Cheaper than dirt continues to offend gun owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today I received ctd Jan 2013 catalog in the mail listing all their old prices on Pmags and ammo, but at the top of each page is written "prices subject to change". I understand lead times in the printing industry and that this catalog was in the works back in October, but come on use some of the blood money they price gouged :rubhands: out of customers and cancel the mailing and start over on an updated catalog. Don't they think they lost enough customers already, this was like a slap in the face to see the old prices knowing full well if you ordered from them it would be at triple the price. I have boycotted ctd and will continue to do so. Rant over!:rant:

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I laughed when I got the catalog today. I was going to cancel the subscription but then I thought, "Hey, they have to keep paying postage to send me this junk." So I haven't cancelled.

Hooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't be returning either, while I liked to get their catalogs and daydream about all the fun I could have with this or that I won't purchase from them again. Although they always had good shipping and the prices seemed about on point, the fact that they raised their prices so greatly overnight helping to cause a panic in the very community they claim to support irked me. Then they up and bow down to the gun grabbers by ending online gun purchase, absurd. The catalog was just added fuel to the flames.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By this logic, Green Bay doesn't deserve the playoff win because they played first string Rogers against second string Webb...

Your fellow shooters are more to blame than dealers...

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the catalog in the mail today. I didn't even open it. I took a picture of it then threw it away. Notice the Pmag pricing and the ".233".
i41.photobucket.com_albums_e265_argyle64_20130105_110653.jpg

Hooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Argyle64, lol I missed that.

Twoforflinching, seems to be a poor analogy, People are buying out of fear, they are unsure what is coming. I understand the economics of a free marketplace and that by definition this is not "price gouging". I have a right to be morally opposed to this, just like others have a right to overprice and overpay. If and when a ban is placed then prices will go up, but due to a supply/demand issue. The current supply may be low, but more is coming everyday, the gears haven't stopped turning. Right now it is fear mongering. There will be time to stock up and make purchases before a ban can take place or a huge sin tax can be leaved. Then you have to consider many purchases are being made by people who don't know better, Caveat emptor and all that, but these people, new to our community shouldn't be taken for a ride. These unintiated folks can be a boost to our cause.

Latest posts

Top Bottom