Chevy Dealers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Tahoe with 1,600 miles on it from Knipplemier back in 2006. The sales guy (Troy) told me someone had backed into the rear bumper but it was minor and they just put a new one on and painted it. Come to find out, the car was in a serious collision with extensive frame damage. I had it in a shop that said there was frame work done all over the place. I had the car in the shop all the time with chronic front end issues due to the "minor accident requiring a only a rear bumper." I contacted the general manager who didn't deny that the sales guy had lied to me and he offered a weak apology with no restitution. I will never set foot on that dealership again.

I will second what a few other have said. Definitely go with internet sales. You'll get a better price from them on the phone than you will after an hour of haggling with someone face to face.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say Knipplemier would get my vote.....I have NEVER heard anything bad about them the 5 years I was stationed at Tinker. As for Tulsa, I would not buy another vehicle from Riverside Chevrolet.....I bought my '09 Z71 at Danny Beck. Fortunately I know the owners and bought directly from Kathy Beck. Hell of a deal....good people.....no middle man BS.

Unless things have changed, we called Hudiberg....Heistiberg. It was for a reason. Now that was 10 years ago so may have changed.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A guy I work with just bought one from Knippelmier. He said it was the best dealer experience he has ever had.

Another vote for Knipplemier. Absolutely the most laid back dealership I've ever done business with and I've got experience with Bob Howard, Smicklas, and Hudiburg as well. I'm a Chevy fanboy, but I'll admit I'd have reservations about purchasing anything brand new from them now.

Hedgehog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know Dale, but had such a bad experience there(South Pointe Chevy) that I would never buy another GM product.

That's awful. I hate those experiences....
He's fairly new, and he is no-nonsense about the whole car-sales thing. Either they have what you want or they don't. He isn't going to try to push you to something you don't want. I have dealt with some of the other guys there and don't care for them at all....

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Knipplemier is where you need to go if we can't talk you out of a Chevy. I've bought a truck from them and did some sub contract work for them and they are REALLY nice folks every time I delt with them.

The other metro Chevy dealers.......not so much. I've done work for all of them.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's awful. I hate those experiences....
He's fairly new, and he is no-nonsense about the whole car-sales thing. Either they have what you want or they don't. He isn't going to try to push you to something you don't want. I have dealt with some of the other guys there and don't care for them at all....

It had to do with them telling me I was qualified for a program to turn in my lease vehicle. Once I did, GMAC tells me I wasn't cost me about $1500 bucks to get out of it. The sad thing is the General Mgr for new car sales even told me I was quilified for the program. I asked at least 10 times and everytime they said yes. When I confronted them about it once I talked to GMAC, South Pointe Chevy said oh well theres nothing we can do for you. Thats why I'll never buy another GM product. That was 2002. Very bad taste in my mouth about it. Oh and I know all car companies have bad dealers but I went all the way up to General Motors(GMAC, Bob Howard Auto Group).

Latest posts

Top Bottom