CMP Games - Oklahoma April 12-15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copper01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The CMP will be conducting the first ever CMP Games competition in Oklahoma at the OKCGC April 12-15. This will complement their Eastern and Western Games which have been held in the past.

Registration and more information can be found here: http://www.odcmp.com/Competitions/CMPGames_OK.htm

If you are interested in competing but want more information let me know and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction.

Brad

Copper01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CMP email from a couple of weeks back with a few more details.

Dear Competitors:

There are ONLY 13 DAYS LEFT until the 1st CMP GAMES – OKLAHOMA, that take place at the Oklahoma City Gun Club on 12-15 April 2012. Here’s the last minute needed information.

Scheduling Conflict: Do to the limited number of days we will be in Oklahoma there are several matches scheduled at the same time. The following matches are being fired on the same day at the same time on different ranges.

Friday April 13
Carbine Match
As-Issued Pistol Match

Saturday April 14
Garand/Springfield/Vintage Military Rifle Match (part of 3 GSM)
EIC Pistol Match

Sunday April 15
Vintage Sniper Team Match
Pistol Team Match (registration at the range) If you have registered for any of the conflicting matches please contact me and we will refund the match you wish not to fire in. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

CHECK-IN: You must check in with the CMP staff, at the CMP registration trailer, before your first scheduled match. You may check in prior to the day you are scheduled to fire your first match.

In Processing/Check-In includes:
1. Confirm your entry in the match(es) and confirm that all entry data is correct.
2. Pay any entry fees not previously paid (or purchase extra matches, T-Shirts or BBQ tickets).
3. Sign the CMP Liability Release and Eligibility Affidavit. If you do not have an Affidavit on file with the CMP please have one filled out and notarized prior to your arrival. You may print off a copy from our website: http://www.thecmp.or...s/Affidavit.pdf. If you are uncertain whether you have an affidavit on file with the CMP please email [email protected].
4. Junior Shooters: If you are bringing a Junior Shooter then a Junior Liability Release must be filled out by a parent or guardian prior to your arrival. Here is the link to the Jr Liability Release: http://www.thecmp.or.../Jr_Release.pdf.
5. Receive your competitor packet that includes scorecards, competitor labels and hat tag.
6. Check-in for the CMP Games Matches also includes a rifle inspection (trigger weighing).

SQUADDING: Your firing point and relay assignments, for each day of firing, will be issued at the range prior to the start of that day’s matches. If you are sharing equipment and need to be squadded with another competitor please come to the range to receive your squadding tickets together. COMPETITORS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PICK UP SQUADDING TICKETS FOR OTHER COMPETITORS.

We will post a sign designating the area where squadding will be issued.

CLINIC ON THURSDAY: For everyone registered for the clinic, on Thursday 12 April, please bring your M1 Garand, M1903 or Vintage Military Rifle and sling, together with your shooting jacket and glove. Do not bring ammunition to the clinic. The CMP will provide each clinic student with a take-home booklet covering the clinic instruction as well as a copy of the CMP Competition Rules. Please plan for two to three hours of instruction and demonstrations.

DAILY AWARDS: After firing is completed on 13, 14 and 15 April, brief award ceremonies will be conducted to award CMP Achievement medals, Award Plaques and donated Prizes, earned during that day’s firing. Light beverage refreshments will also be available.

BARBECUE: The CMP will provide a barbecue cookout for all competitors after firing is completed on Sunday 15 April. The barbeque is free to all competitors entered in the CMP Matches. Individuals who are not registered in the matches, family members or friends who would like to eat at the range may purchase barbecue tickets for $10.00 each at the CMP Registration Trailer.

CMP RIFLE SALES: While at the CMP Games - Oklahoma, you will be able to inspect a selection of government surplus rifles and ammunition the CMP will bring from its warehouses in Anniston, Alabama. CMP rifles will be available for selection after each day’s firing is completed, beginning on Thursday, 12 April. Sales will continue until the last sale or Sunday, 15 April (unless available rifles and ammunition sell out sooner). Individuals who are not competing in the matches are also welcome to come out and inspect the rifles.

ADDITIONAL ENTRIES: Firing points are still open! Invite your shooting friends to fire in these matches. The quickest and easiest way to enter is on-line at http://clubs.odcmp.c...gi?matchID=7814. We will accept late entries until one hour before the scheduled start of each day’s matches but we can not guarantee you will be able to fire. However, please encourage your shooting friends to register prior to 10 April, there will be a $5.00 additional fee per match for registration’s after 11 April.

We look forward to seeing all of you at the 2012 CMP Games – Oklahoma!

If you have any questions please feel free to email me.

Thank you,
Christina

Christina Roguski
Competition Support
Phone 419-635-2141 ext. 1114
Fax 419-635-2802
[email protected]

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm hoping to at least make it out for the clinic on Thursday with my Garand. I haven't signed up yet, so hopefully there is still space available in the classes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom