Colt 6920

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are slight variations between each of them. The Magpul edition has all Magpul furniture, SOCOM has different barrel and I'm not sure what else. I've noticed there are some changes in rollmarks too. They went from the LEO warning on the right side to "Law Enforcement" on the left side and now they are just LE6920.

I know none of the Walmart offered models have a carrying handle even offered, they have different mags and I don't think they have a sling, but other places have them. The Walmart 6920's also don't have the Rogers Super-Stok. I'm not sure yet if Colt stopped issuing them with all 6920's or just Walmart (due to cost).

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the difference in price is because they took the carry handle off.

Whats a carry handle cost... $100?
Are they interchangable between models, makers?

Yup, they're interchangeable. You can generally pick up Colt carrying handles for $50-$75. They also are shipping with smaller mags and no slings...I'm not sure what else.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup, they're interchangeable. You can generally pick up Colt carrying handles for $50-$75. They also are shipping with smaller mags and no slings...I'm not sure what else.

Thanks

I understand the support your LGS vs wallyworld, just wondering what differences there might be.

I've always thought of wallymart as kinda....a seconds store, theyre stuff is kinda...different looking/feeling
not just guns , all theyre merchandice

Merry Christmas

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks

I understand the support your LGS vs wallyworld, just wondering what differences there might be.

I've always thought of wallymart as kinda....a seconds store, theyre stuff is kinda...different looking/feeling
not just guns , all theyre merchandice

Merry Christmas

After hours of research, I couldn't find one person that said there was a difference between a Walmart Colt and LGS Colt. Only configurations, like different grips, rail, handguards, rear mbus, stocks and carry handle.

My question now is why would Colt put a "lesser" quality AR out just for Walmart and take a chance on ruining their reputation? Wouldn't make any sense to me.

Merry Christmas OSA!

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are several different variants of the 6920. I know that none of the Walmart 6920's (Magpul, SOCOM or "regular") doesn't come with the carrying handle. They also changed the stocks and don't have the rogers super-stok on the standard ones anymore. The SOCOM edition has the heavier barrel without the 203 cuts.
The socom barrel still has a mounting slot for the 203, but it is different than a standard m4 type barrel. It is located under the hand guard/rail on the side of the barrel you will find a "flat" machined for the attachment point.

So the difference in price is because they took the carry handle off.

Whats a carry handle cost... $100?
Are they interchangable between models, makers?
The omission of the carry handle rear sight in favor of the magpul buis was because most people were removing them any way in favor of smaller and lighter buis as well as having a better mounting point for optics than the carry handle allowed. Also, it was cheaper for them to make that way, however i dont think they are selling for less!

Correctimundo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom