Colt revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were only made from 1877 to 1909. So chances are good it was made some time in the late 1800s. Very nice gun. But it looks like the old black powder and time haven't been kind to it. Way cool...
The action on both the Lighting and the Thunderer were fragile and not many of them are surviving. I believe the grips were hard rubber, at least the one I have is that way.

sushi & pistols

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The action on both the Lighting and the Thunderer were fragile and not many of them are surviving. I believe the grips were hard rubber, at least the one I have is that way.
You are correct on the grips and the action

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 0

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I HAD one, looked exactly like yours. Billy the Kid carried one, supposedly because the small birdshead grip fit his small hands better.
Cool gun, fun to shoot (I don't recommend it) and very fragile action.

I loaded .38 Special brass with 2.5 gr Unique and 148 gr HBWC. Very low power, weak load, but accurate.

Sold it because of value and possible breakage rendering it worthless. Can't shoot it, don't want it.

There is a dealer in Tulsa that collects them. Sets up at many gunshows. I ran into him in Lawton and mine was gone.

I had it about 10 years. I was working for psychopath. Went to unload some electronics from the trunk of his car, for repair. Seen the Colt and was looking it over. He came out and tells me he won it in a poker game, couldn't find ammo for it, I could have it.
He didn't have to say it twice.

As stated in several responses:
Very fragile action, no parts available
Don't not refinish
Don't fire / dry fire
Enjoy the history, beauty or sell it

I enjoyed mine, reminence on it, but have never regretted trading it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom