Cool flashlight story and purchase recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to share a story about a particular flashlight I love. I wasn’t sure if I should post here or in hunting/fishing lol
So a few years ago I discovered the streamlight dualie via review by YouTuber wranglerstar. I ordered several of them from Amazon and love them. I occasionally give them away as gifts too.

It’s got a regular forward beam but also has a small led flood bulb that faces down. So it lights the path at your feet while you keep your beam forward where you need it. It’s the ultimate camping light! The 2 bulbs operate on different buttons and can be used individually. The downward flood bulb also works as a lantern when you set the light down, and it has a super long run time with that setting.

So my cool story goes: I was night fishing and accidentally dropped one of these into the lake in about 3 ft of water. The primary beam was on when I dropped it. It settled into a crevice in some large rocks. I didn’t feel like swimming at the moment so I said “oh well” and just left it and moved on.

Well I kid you not I went to the same place tonight which was exactly 10 days later. As I approached that area I was shocked to see a faint glow down in the rocks. I was so thrilled knowing it had to be my flashlight that I was willing to get in the water and retrieve it this time. Sure enough it was my light! Still works fine after being submerged in 3 ft of water for 10 days. I was amazed that while faint, the primary beam ran for 10 days! Keep in mind I had just upgraded the AAs to some good energizer lithiums.

Buy these! Keep one in every vehicle, one in your boat, one in the tackle box, one in the go bag, lol…. They’re awesome flashlights

https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-68750-Flashlight-Downward-Batteries/dp/B016P919RC/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=2OSAJW2ZQ1EKN&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.BVxGS5hvk2Ryhn60Aoplzi29LUT2IJc-mHW6IEwPgLooGeBjg0eRHHNFESJLOKzhakCkqz7eY5ZpWPSlRxjBBWIs4pvpSmmSjCev1XhisJGzX_FrXUA2DCzHWmgD3ozzgWAkLZuAxtvKJOtMLGL0peHanKNfdav-AbK8M_-5mgcR35kcPjinnuGo9Hag2UEhQz4dR0gOO_ZIyrHtsLLdgg.kosAdUH85qjGq0smxXPJcJdUTf5OC9SVV0J10anzYs0&dib_tag=se&keywords=streamlight+dualie&qid=1715492505&sprefix=,aps,108&sr=8-3

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dammit...I need another flashlight like I need a hole in my head. Oh well...

money-money-money-heist.gif

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was night fishing and accidentally dropped one of these into the lake in about 3 ft of water. The primary beam was on when I dropped it.

I have 1 of those that I found over a year ago while fishing at the Caney river in Bartlesville. Good light for sure.

Note to self: Buy this flashlight. DO NOT use it near lakes and rivers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom