Coolers! Engle specifically.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought one heavily discounted as an NRA Instructor. Some reviews seem to rate it higher than the Yeti, even after shipping, it was cheaper than a discounted Yeti before shipping. I got the Engle Deep Blue 65 in white, not a fan of the tan, if it were more of an FDE maybe? But tan coolers tend to look like dirty lake water. Gonna use it on the lake for Memorial and see how it runs. Even the Igloo Ultra Marines cant keep ice overnight on the lake, and we have a lot of stairs down to the dock. I dont expect it to keep ice 8 days in that weather, but hope it lasts through the weekend, if it is, I'll be ecstatic, as I wont have to buy 6-8 bags of ice, and lug stuff up and down those stairs all weekend. I need to start a blog and post a review. I'll follow up in this thread with my initial impressions, and a more thorough review once I use it.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brute ice chests look pretty tempting as well.

They are nice ! My next luxury cooler purchase will most likely be a grizzly I like their molded handles way better than my yeti and you have more options of color. I think the smaller brute box (comparable to yeti roadie) is nicer than a yeti I would like not having the big azz handle. But a yeti will do what a cooler was designed to do keep ice.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had heard iffy things on the Brute, Yeti and Engel are both a little more respected. Igloo makes the Cold Locker now, but I didn't like the molded handles. Needs more space than a comparable cooler, without any additional space. Wasn't crazy about the looks of the pelican, looks like a shipping container, but had I realized they had a lifetime warranty, I would have probably considered them more.
Love their gun cases though. I spend about the same on the Engel as the Igloo would have cost and $100 or so cheaper than the comparable Yeti, Brute, etc. Not familiar with the Grizzly, unless that's the Cabela's one I saw earlier.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The grizzly coolers are comparable to a yeti/brute box only they have roto molded handles that are solid instead of the rope.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to get the steel belted, but they don't make them like the old ones, the new ones just their regular cooler with a steel belt, the old ones had beefier/better insulation, etc

Latest posts

Top Bottom