Cuba - let 'em back in or no?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Normalize relations with Cuba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He// No!!!!

Unless they give ALL the factories, businesses, and farms back to the still living, rightful owners who can prove they were owners before the revolution. ...No.

A lot of those people lost everything....is the United Nations and the World Court going to restore their property?

Yes I know I'm two faced and a hypocrite by purchasing Cuban products. Every time I do that my wife yells at me for supporting the Communists who confiscated everything in Cuba.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember the day when it almost became nuclear holocaust. Russia blinked. It was not a comfortable time no matter where you were in the US. We had to practice taking cover in our schools.

Sad thing is we are on a fast track toward that today. Worst case scenario, a Sino-Russo alliance has come to be realized. I have little faith that much of Europe will hold up to their end of the bargain if bullets start flying. I think we can take Russia or China but not both. I don't see Putin blinking. The Chinese will do whatever is best for themselves but there is no denying they are our military rivals (and made so by our own cash). I think we've got some dark clouds on the horizon and we can neither ignore/pacify them or confront them with hostility.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/13/politics/south-china-sea-us-surveillance-aircraft/index.html

http://rt.com/news/257841-russia-china-us-hegemony/ (Kremlin propaganda site but does speak to some worrisome trends).

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He// No!!!!

Unless they give ALL the factories, businesses, and farms back to the still living, rightful owners who can prove they were owners before the revolution. ...No.

A lot of those people lost everything....is the United Nations and the World Court going to restore their property?

Yes I know I'm two faced and a hypocrite by purchasing Cuban products. Every time I do that my wife yells at me for supporting the Communists who confiscated everything in Cuba.

If that's the point you want to stick with, maybe the UN will give all the Indians the land back here, and the Palestinians will get theirs as well.

Closing ourselves off to Cuba has helped what, exactly?

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The citizens have nothing to lose and everything to gain. We've already seen what sanctions have done(or rather haven't done). Opening up trade and travel will put more money in their economy and hopefully give the citizens(not just the government) better opportunity to prosper.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Dominican cigars MAY be as good, but the big cigar makers will ONLY make certain product lines in Cuba. Letting their cigars hit the market here would give the American cigar smoker a larger selection of good product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The Dominican cigars MAY be as good, but the big cigar makers will ONLY make certain product lines in Cuba. Letting their cigars hit the market here would give the American cigar smoker a larger selection of good product.

And more supply on the market could make the price of other cigars go down.

WWIIDigger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Let em in!!! Grease Monkeys need some more Chevrolet fixer-uppers!! Seriously-let them join the big leagues. Most of them won't be able to sneak under the fence at night similar to our other southern neighbor!!!

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If that's the point you want to stick with, maybe the UN will give all the Indians the land back here, and the Palestinians will get theirs as well.

Closing ourselves off to Cuba has helped what, exactly?

Since you brought it up …

Despite being a real soaker of a wet dream for the progressively challenged, the UN does not have the power to take American land and give it to anyone.

If you really think it was wrong to take the land of nomadic people, find someone that is more Native American than Elizabeth “Fauxcahauntas” Warren and give him or her your house. Then after you do that, head on back to whatever country your relatives came from and stay there.

Feel free to be a bigot and ramp up an anti-Semitic rant, but the Palestinians never had any land. Suggestion? Get a history book. Not one that has the color-by-numbers that liberals tend to read either. Go back to 132AD when Hadrian renamed Judea (and the general zip code known today as Israel) to “Syria Palestina”. What group of people were the majority living there? Skip forward a couple of centuries. In 635AD when Islamic aggression had their jihad kick-off party, what group of people were the majority living there? Now skip ahead a couple more years to 1974. What did epic serial rapist of young boys Yasser Arafat say in the “New Republic” interview?

“Closing of Cuba” has showed that we didn’t need to have commerce with a brutal and racist regime. Let me put this so the progressively challenged can understand it. Not having a relationship with Cuba is like not having a relationship with a Haitian whore that is a tranny. While most liberals don’t see much wrong with that, having relationship with someone (much less a brutal dictatorship) that just wants your money is wrong. Then again … that requires a modicum of something liberals don’t have much of … integrity.

Let me guess … you are wondering why we are “closing off” North Korea?

Last edited:

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We do business with "brutal and racist" regimes everyday. What makes Cuba different? How have our sanctions helped the people we were trying to help by punishing their government with said sanctions?

Latest posts

Top Bottom