Custom build under way!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sounds too sweet to be true. I ainno expert by any stretch, but on a big-$$ precision rig, I'd personally run with a .280 Rem, 6.5-284 Norma, or 6.5mm-'06. Maybe a 7mm WSM. Yeah, more bbl burn, but I ain't gonna shoot thousands and thousands of rounds. Keep us updated! :)

SevenSixTwo

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That rig is gonna be sh$t hot! Those 6mm loads whether you prefer lapua, norma, or grendel seem to fit the bill for almost every function. Maybe while you're in Iraq you can whisper something about that to the brass. It would be a hell of a deal to get all our assault rifles, dmr's, short range sniper rifles(i.e. 1000yrds and under), and light machine guns in the same caliber.

DUB2NR

Marksman
Reaction score
I totally agree! The 6.5 grendel would be almost perfect! I think we've have better luck getting them to adapt the 6.8 SPC, since there is already a decent amount of ARs built with it, and ammo is almost to the point of being mainstream. Wish I could have said something to General Odierno yesterday when he coined me.

And another reason why I went with the 6.5x47L, is I wanted to stick to a short action. Also, I like having brass availible, without me having to make it with another case like a lot of the other wildcats. I'll be posting up a lot of pics as I get them. Might have to have a friend post those up since our connection here sucks for uploading to photobucket and such.

Latest posts

Top Bottom