Custom Cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChoZen1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and my wife have had this deal we agreed to when first marrying. We both had good careers and good incomes when we met so we decided to split bills and home expenses, go in half on some investments and alternative retirement stuff, but then after that the rest was our own money to do with whatever we wanted. That way she had to foot the bill for her own personal stuff and I mine. Guitars, guns, and cars for me. I already had a few cars and bikes when we got married and since we've been married I have bartered, traded, modded, bought and re-sold enough cars, trucks and motorcycles over the years to get to where I am now- 2 trucks, 2 SUVs, 4 cars, 2 motorcycles. And she has a shite ton of shoes and clothes...

sounds like a great plan, my wife stays home with the kids so that doesn't work for us. It honestly is more of a time thing than it is a money thing. I tend to want to sit on my couch and do nothing instead of working on cars anymore. I have a 63 Belaire 2 door post that is sitting rotting away because I don't have the time.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its different when you marry later in life after already having been married before and having seperate kids and stuff. Especially when the kids leave home. Mo moneys. When I was younger and married to my first wife with my first kid we worked together in our own business but we were broke most of the time and we usually only had one vehicle that was in running condition at a time anyways- Oh, I would have 2 or more other cars sitting around, but they would always be in different stages of 'build'. Lollll. I always had a couple of vehicles at a time even when I was a kid, my dad ran a body shop when I grew up that was right down the street from our house and thats all my dad did for a living was cars, cars cars. Apple-tree. From the day I first got my license I was buying old cars to tinker with. Been at it ever since. Its worse than a disease. My first 2 wives constantly griped about my cars but it was less about only having one vehicle that was in running condition and more about the quirky weird things they had to do to even drive some of my earlier 'projects'. They learned quick how to jump batteries (and/or park on hills where it was easier to roll em then hit it to start em...), use screwdrivers to do stuff like start cars with, roll windows down, etc- or they just didnt go any where. Eventually they figured out they better get their own cars, so when it was financially possible we made sure they always had their own car or minivan or whatever and they werent having to go get groceries any more in a loud hot rod or big lifted 4x4.

ChoZen1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
As Blinocac200sx said. I have built several in my head. Ironically all Ford and mostly 4x4. I will build a classic Mustang at some point in my life.

Until the kids are out of the house and the house is paid off. I'll have to live vicariously through those that do work on the cars. So. Post up the work and let me move the keyboard. Drool and electronics don't mix.

if you like classic mustangs check this shop out, a friend of mine owns it

http://www.classic-recreations.com/

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm aware of them. My dad and I were in there shop when he had the 68 convertible he was working on. The did the sandblasting for him.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Blewis11

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finished my new truck roughly six seconds before SEMA started this year (in fact, some of the guys put the top light bar on after it was placed at the show). I'm lucky my brother has a shop in Scottsdale or it wouldn't have been done.
Red Truck 2.jpgRed Truck.jpgRed truck 3.jpg

ChoZen1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finished my new truck roughly six seconds before SEMA started this year (in fact, some of the guys put the top light bar on after it was placed at the show). I'm lucky my brother has a shop in Scottsdale or it wouldn't have been done.
View attachment 43728View attachment 43729View attachment 43730

is there any other way to finish a SEMA build? lol every time I have built anything for SEMA or before a magazine shoot I am putting it back together as its going on the trailer.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ha I hear ya on that seems that has been most of my builds lately also. 7.3 in a focus would be wicked!

I picture it being green with a sign in the top of the windshield saying something like "Alternative Fuel Eco-Car" with a recycle symbol at the end. Then when some ignorant redneck rolls coal at ya, you pull ahead of him and return the favor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom