Delete, typical bs forum full of bs....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4GFirearms

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having an FFL doesn't prevent you from selling your private firearms as a private seller.

As in my case for now it does. I will be a home based FFL for now until business progresses. They want to see all firearms transactions that take place once the License is issued. Allthough you DONT have to put them all on your books up front, if you sell one from your private collection they want you to log it into and out of your books.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As in my case for now it does. I will be a home based FFL for now until business progresses. They want to see all firearms transactions that take place once the License is issued. Allthough you DONT have to put them all on your books up front, if you sell one from your private collection they want you to log it into and out of your books.

Home based has nothing to do with it. Now if your FFL is under you personally and not a corp then they may want you to put personal sales into your books if sold but you would not be legally required to. You would be required to separate / tag your personal weapons from the firearms listed in your bound book.

Personally I wouldn't have an FFL that was not under a corp. It is real nice for division of me and my business.

I will highly recommend downloading all the past newsletters the ATF sends out to active FFL holders. Lots of good info in them.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

No worries man. Don't spend your time on defense. You have nothing to prove to complete strangers who are looking to troll.

4GFirearms

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Home based has nothing to do with it. Now if your FFL is under you personally and not a corp then they may want you to put personal sales into your books if sold but you would not be legally required to. You would be required to separate / tag your personal weapons from the firearms listed in your bound book.

Personally I wouldn't have an FFL that was not under a corp. It is real nice for division of me and my business.

I will highly recommend downloading all the past newsletters the ATF sends out to active FFL holders. Lots of good info in them.

Thanks for that clarification. The business will not be under my personal name but under an LLC

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for that clarification. The business will not be under my personal name but under an LLC

That is great ( as far as I'm concerned ) Make sure you separate your personal guns and anything in your bound book and you should be golden. I didnt read all the other pages of crap. Did you have your inspection yet? If not I can send you a copy of the check list they went over with me.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is great ( as far as I'm concerned ) Make sure you separate your personal guns and anything in your bound book and you should be golden. I didnt read all the other pages of crap. Did you have your inspection yet? If not I can send you a copy of the check list they went over with me.

Don't send him your inspection that they did with you. Not all of them require dropping your pants and bending over...

(When are we going shooting again?)

4GFirearms

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yes, I had my inspection a little over a week ago and was told 3 weeks and I would have my License in hand. Awesome agent to deal with, answered every question I had & we talked about the process like friends instead of agent and FFL applicant.... That always makes things easier in my opinion...

Only thing I wish I had done different is proceeded with the process back in the summer like I started to. I could have had bought alot of stock back then and had the retail location already and passed on some deals to my local Okies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom