Diesel Repair Shop -- Any Recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiefgoodideafairy

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Preferably on the east side of the state. I'm about halfway between McAlester and Poteau.

So basically I'm wanting to replace the fuel pump on a 2014 GMC 2500HD duramax from the stock CP4 to a CP3. I can provide the kit that includes everything. I'm "thinking" it should be a fairly straightforward job. Hoping so anyway. Having watched some videos on yootoob, I simply don't trust my wrenchin skillz on this one. Lol

Any help from the hive is much appreciated.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are many, many people swapping out the CP4 to the older and much more reliable CP3. So many that DIY kits are available.

I would think that any reasonably competent shop that advertises as a light/medium duty diesel shop would be capable of the swap.

Pick one that has been in business for more than 5 years, you have a good chance of sucess.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The guy that works on mine is excellent but he is in Okc, Auto Diesel Clinic. He's been working on diesel cars and pickups for 40 years. He works on all of them, Ford GM and Dodge.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are many, many people swapping out the CP4 to the older and much more reliable CP3. So many that DIY kits are available.

I would think that any reasonably competent shop that advertises as a light/medium duty diesel shop would be capable of the swap.

Pick one that has been in business for more than 5 years, you have a good chance of sucess.

And definitely putt a FASS on it too!

Latest posts

Top Bottom