Do You Carry While Doing Yard Work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do You Carry While Doing Yard Work?

• Total voters

dolidog2000

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a .38 or larger (12GA in the bedroom) on my person at home & when legal away from home. I do not carry in church since there is an Edmond police officer in uniform attending the same service.

ZacCom

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rule of thumb. People watch you mow your yard. So does the criminals. Most criminals will attack when your off your guard. I seen may cases with people being victims when they are doing yard work. Another rule of thumb. Try to know your neighbors. Last rule. Always carry because it help make the risk of you being the victim slim to none.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I first bought this house 15 or so years ago, I had a buddy named Jack Debow that was getting a divorce move in for about 6 months. He had to pay spousal support, and had four kids, so on a DOC salary he was broke, and helped by doing chores, including mowing the lawn. His yard work uniform was bermuda shorts, a wife beater shirt, dark socks, black ropers, a civil war style officer's cavalry hat (complete with gold tassels), aviator glasses, a Churchill cigar, and a Jack Ass shoulder rig with a 4" 686. I miss Jack, as I hate to mow.

I can't mow concealed. Everybody can see what I'm packing. To keep my neighbors at bay, I just mow naked. Try it, it works. Ah, nature.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last rule. Always carry ..also First rule
And just so I can understand...what does an Edmond Police Officer attending Church have to do with going healed?

My thoughts exactly.

If somebody wanted to heist the Church, that Edmond cop is the first one going down.

I believe in the old saying, "if you want something done you gotta do it yourself." :thumb:

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't but I guess I'm gonna have to start! I have started to mow only when the wife and dogs are at home and tell her to keep an eye out. Lots of "professional victims" in our neighborhood with sob stories.

Latest posts

Top Bottom