Do you trust .380 ACP?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you trust the effectiveness of the .380 ACP?

• Yes

Votes: 60 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Depends

Votes: 19 21.1%

• Total voters

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So how many on the streets alone are pulling a pistol 25 or 30 feet and shooting? I wouldn’t not knowing, the .380 is a BG gun at best, and I bet it’s an after the fact draw or a 10 foot to point blank weapon.

Id say it’s used the most as a CCW carriers, no one wan to kill someone, even you so-called Rambo types.

A shotgun or rifles are used at range, distance matters. Why does the BG win? They don’t mind killing…

I’ll stop here so you tough guys don’t Karen on me 🫣

A .380 will stop someone thats a victim at 10 ft that gives up, a pissed off kick your ass at 250 plus is going to break you in half before they bleed out imo.

Learn to fight a man that can’t raise an arm, which side will you exploit in hand to hand? Will you stick your thumb and try to rip their chest open In a wound? Street fighting is much different than learning to shoot well, most will be shot before their awake.

Lord help me I never have to find out but have been in a life and death a few times as a dumbass know it all. Pray none of us have to find oit.

Riddle me this…. Why do hunters think a shot no passing though a deer is underpowered while shooting a person and the bullet passing though them is over penetration?

You have to have all the energy expelling in the body right? Maybe a deer isn’t going to kill you before they drop dead. Don’t konw. Let the pros speak.

my worthless .02

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There’s a good series on prime called ”outlaws and gunslingers” that dispellEd the head to head myth of face to face gun fights, like Billy the kid they were shot In the back.

Theres a fine line between outlaw and law enforcement as back in the day. Although most are just earning a paycheck, why are we at this place in history today? I was just following orders, really?

Talk crap go ahead, tell me your Rambo stories.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
There’s a good series on prime called ”outlaws and gunslingers” that dispellEd the head to head myth of face to face gun fights, like Billy the kid they were shot In the back.

Theres a fine line between outlaw and law enforcement as back in the day. Although most are just earning a paycheck, why are we at this place in history today? I was just following orders, really?

Talk crap go ahead, tell me your Rambo stories.
Careful , there are some bad ass operators and former cops posting from their recliners here. They know everything and are legends in their own minds. 😂

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
So how many on the streets alone are pulling a pistol 25 or 30 feet and shooting? I wouldn’t not knowing, the .380 is a BG gun at best, and I bet it’s an after the fact draw or a 10 foot to point blank weapon.

Id say it’s used the most as a CCW carriers, no one wan to kill someone, even you so-called Rambo types.

A shotgun or rifles are used at range, distance matters. Why does the BG win? They don’t mind killing…

I’ll stop here so you tough guys don’t Karen on me 🫣

A .380 will stop someone thats a victim at 10 ft that gives up, a pissed off kick your ass at 250 plus is going to break you in half before they bleed out imo.

Learn to fight a man that can’t raise an arm, which side will you exploit in hand to hand? Will you stick your thumb and try to rip their chest open In a wound? Street fighting is much different than learning to shoot well, most will be shot before their awake.

Lord help me I never have to find out but have been in a life and death a few times as a dumbass know it all. Pray none of us have to find oit.

Riddle me this…. Why do hunters think a shot no passing though a deer is underpowered while shooting a person and the bullet passing though them is over penetration?

You have to have all the energy expelling in the body right? Maybe a deer isn’t going to kill you before they drop dead. Don’t konw. Let the pros speak.

my worthless .02
Looks like some drinkin going on

What constitutes a “Rambo type”?
Coz Rambo is kind of a b*tch

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Energy transfer in terms of handgun calibers and the effect on the human body doesn't mean much. Most common defensive calibers just aren't powerful enough.

A handgun bullet doesn't transfer any more energy to a human target than it transferred to the gun and ultimately to the shooter in the form of recoil. Newton figured that out hundreds of years ago (though not with handguns).

Here's a great article (25 years old but still relevant) on the subject:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150325054144/http://www.firearmstactical.com/briefs3.htm

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Careful , there are some bad ass operators and former cops posting from their recliners here. They know everything and are legends in their own minds. 😂
Highly doubt a prison guard wouldn’t know about Operating…much too busy abusing prisoners.

So would you stack them up naked Abu Graib style? Or would you just assault them individually?

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read recently that statistically the lowly .22 is the caliber that most often ends gunfights. Why? Because it's the most common caliber and most people stop fighting after you put the first hole in them. Makes sense. Naturally I'd prefer a Magnum or a .45 ACP but if that's not handy any hole puncher is better than none.

Latest posts

Top Bottom