Does OK have the best Gas Station arrangement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coming from out of state and having never seen anything like it before I thought the idea of having plazas in the middle of the turnpikes a great and novel idea. As for the gas stations I would say Oklahoma has the upper hand over most.
Kansas has center plazas on their turnpikes. I like the idea of those. That way you can turn around or meet someone halfway. Many times I have done just that for a part.

Since my retirement, I have had no use for the turnpike between Tulsa and the city. I was very surprised to see it had been bulldozed and a new one popped up further east toward Tulsa.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah we’ve got it good but them Buccees though…….damn I can’t wait till we get some. QT is good but once you do Buccees it’s like an addiction thing.
Agreed. I was doing cdl training in Fayetteville TN. We swing down into Alabama and they had one and I was like “is this heaven?” Lol. Place is nuts

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah we’ve got it good but them Buccees though…….damn I can’t wait till we get some. QT is good but once you do Buccees it’s like an addiction thing.

Agreed. I was doing cdl training in Fayetteville TN. We swing down into Alabama and they had one and I was like “is this heaven?” Lol. Place is nuts

Sorry guys, but I've been in some in Texas and one near Birmingham in Alabama, and I'm not really impressed...

...well, except for the number of stalls and urinals in the bathrooms. Most everything else is just "bleh."

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but I've been in some in Texas and one near Birmingham in Alabama, and I'm not really impressed...

...well, except for the number of stalls and urinals in the bathrooms. Most everything else is just "bleh."
You’ve never ran from urinal to urinal going a little bit in each to see if you can hit each one? It’s a big challenge among the men folk. You should try it and then tell us how you feel 😂

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I have a coworker who has to visit Buc-ees whenever he goes south of the Red River, but I'm more in the take-it-or-leave-it group m'self. It's nice as stop-n-robs go, but I wouldn't choose it over a QT or a Love's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom