"Don't worry, we're the government and we know what we're doing!"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not sure if this is the same screw up, but I think the guy detained was a Delta Airline pilot.

I’m betting there’s going to be a financial windfall coming into someone’s life.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Army? Do they not know what posse comitatus is?

"The Posse Comitatus Act bars federal troops from participating in civilian law enforcement except when expressly authorized by law. This 143-year-old law embodies an American tradition that sees military interference in civilian affairs as a threat to both democracy and personal liberty."

Really disturbing.
I was wondering the same thing.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a hard time giving their story any credibility , while I was in the Army I participated in numerous training exercises such as hostage rescue and taking prisoners etc. During such exercises we always were fully briefed before the exercise on who the actors were / what they looked like etc. Especially if you were operating in a town which was very very rare . Most of the time we used mout training areas for things such as this

I really can't believe they didn't know they were "arresting" the wrong person and interrogating him in a chair for an hour.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a hard time giving their story any credibility , while I was in the Army I participated in numerous training exercises such as hostage rescue and taking prisoners etc. During such exercises we always were fully briefed before the exercise on who the actors were / what they looked like etc. Especially if you were operating in a town which was very very rare . Most of the time we used mout training areas for things such as this

I really can't believe they didn't know they were "arresting" the wrong person and interrogating him in a chair for an hour.
A story I read today said the person was being interrogated in the shower but that couldn't be true because there would be protestors everywhere with signs yelling "Waterboarding is torture!"
(And I'm sure he wasn't being INTERROGATED. Please forgive me, it was just routine "QUESTIONING," I'm sure.)
^^^Not sure how to find the OSA sarcasm font for this post.

Latest posts

Top Bottom