Dpms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where did you find this information? Everything I have read wasn't very detailed.

Its on several sites - the officers forums, ar15.com talked about it as well.

The "Government Model" (which is quite a bit pricier than any standard RRA carbine I've seen in most stores - if you can find it) is the closest thing you as a civilian can buy to the DEA gun as far as I know.

Here's a Guns N Ammo article about the RRA Government model that talks about some of the differences (but it looks to have been written by someone who knows very little about AR15s):

http://archives.gunsandammo.com/content/rock-river-government-model

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its on several sites - the officers forums, ar15.com talked about it as well.

The "Government Model" (which is quite a bit pricier than any standard RRA carbine I've seen in most stores - if you can find it) is the closest thing you as a civilian can buy to the DEA gun as far as I know.
[/url]

When the DEA accepted the RRA, the opinion on most forums was that it is probably Mil-Spec. Probably has changed to definitely,and I was hoping for some proof. The accessories with the Government Model would explain the extra cost.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a DPMS AP4 and I had trigger pins fall out and failure to feed issues almost daily with it. The pin holes in the lower were wallowed out and the gas key was improperly staked. Mind you I got this rifle BRAND NEW.
I replaced the upper for a Spike's M4LE and added a Spike's ST Battle trigger. KNS anti roll pins fixed the pin problem. It was just poor fit and finish. Lets just say I will not own another DPMS. It was accurate enough for fun shooting. But I rely on mine for more serious work and just couldnt trust it.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a DPMS bull barrel 24" upper and it's a sub-MOA gun with Federal bulk from Walmart. I've never had a hiccup. Same for my 204 Ruger DPMS upper 24" fluted bull barrel upper. It's well under MOA with Hornady V-max factory ammo. My DPMS LR308 is also a half-MOA or less gun. It's ran flawlessly as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom