Drug testing for Welfare payments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mgarza_a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I realize that there are a great many people currently on these programs that are not trying to scam them, rather they have actually paid into these programs by working most of their lives and are victims of the current economy. I'm personally not opposed to your idea of subsidized training in principle; however, why don't they just use the existing federal student loan programs? Perhaps more relevant at the present time is the question of what you would even train these people to do? Do we continue the stupidity of the past few years and train them into the artificial, government created 'green' sector? Every other day some .gov planner hack comes up with the latest idea for how .gov can end human misery if they only had a few more dollars and another program / agency. 'The more the planners plan, the more the plans fail.' It's blatant idiocy at this point.
[/rant]

ts, I agree with your post 100% on the reforms needed. I absolutely do not believe in the "green" boom the government is pretending will come eventually. I have said many of times on this forum that comprehensive tax reform will create jobs and consumers. The fact remains that by ignoring the growing problem of people with no skills whatsoever living off the government, it will only get worse. However the question remains how do you encourage reintroduction into the workforce rather than allowing an open ended check to sit on your bum all day? No amount of Tax reform or trade barriers will fix the situation.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe that GUNS have little societal impact. I believe that guns should be legal for both protection and sport. I don't believe guns cause crimes. I think it is the person who is holding the firearm committing the crime.

A firearm can have societal impact without being the proximate cause of a crime. As a member of OSA, I certainly oppose any form of gun control, but to say guns have no impact (both positively and negatively) on crime is foolish.

Societal Impact: http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/tulsa-police-investigate-two-bodies-found-in-hicks-park
Societal Impact: http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/tulsa-firearms-robbery-suspects-arrested
Societal Impact: http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/overnight-road-rage-ends-with-gunshots
Societal Impact: http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/man-shot-death-during-home-burglary/nDqbM/
Societal Impact: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-county-a...is-held-at-gunpoint-for-shoes/article/3605716

repeat ad infinitum.....

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even Fox News is reporting the 2ish percent figure:

Please don't assume a TANF recipient receives a sum of $2000. That's insane:

farm7.static.flickr.com_6156_6165988795_09e9306b42_m.jpg

You also forgot to include the cost to reimburse all applicants that pass the test, as 30-35 dollars each, as well as other administration costs, not forgetting the legal defense of this law.
I am listening to KTOK news, 10% is what they have stated twice. Whos right, I don't know.
What I do know is a few cases i am familiar that the people are getting close to 2k a month combined in food stamps and cash.
I have no idea what the majority recieve though.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's obvious that many of you aren't pickin' up on what I'm puttin' down, now.

Ya know, down at every laundromat it town, now.

Wake up, wake up, wake up it's the 1st of the month, to get up, get up, get up so cash your checks and get up. Hey.. we havin' a wonderful day and I won't ... with me. Why? 'Cause it's the 1st of the month and now we smokin', chokin', rollin' blunts snd sippin' on 40 ounces thuggin' come come we got the blessed rum

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BB has it right sterilize them stop breeding welfare receipients , pay them to be fixed. in a few years welfare roles would be way down

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wake up, wake up, wake up it's the 1st of the month, to get up, get up, get up so cash your checks and get up. Hey.. we havin' a wonderful day and I won't ... with me. Why? 'Cause it's the 1st of the month and now we smokin', chokin', rollin' blunts snd sippin' on 40 ounces thuggin' come come we got the blessed rum

So you're sayin' it was loose wif da welfare cheese, thick wit da gravy? Used to suck it straight out the bottle as a baby?

I'll link it just for Danny Tanner.

Last edited by a moderator:

WRH1234

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe we should get rid of all Government Welfare systems, food stamps and government subsidies, have our taxes cut in half and let a non-profit, non-government organazation take it over and let them decide how to give out money that is donated from the kind people and those that need a tax deduction. Take the Government out of the equation and I bet things would improve and some people would even decide to get a job.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will someone explain to me how airport searches, DWI checkpoints, and Military drug testing is CONSTITUTIONAL. While welfare drug testing is UNCONSTITUTIONAL? I don't really care about the rights and wrongs and opinions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom