Elevated lead levels in granddaughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
so the 18 month old granddaughter was in for routine check up and labs turned up elevated lead levels 6 months ago. Not toxic….yet… but something to keep an eye on. Went back to Dr last week and level had doubled. Daughter racking her brain trying to come up with a source. Clinic has called Health Dept to come to house and try to find the cause. That’s scary in itself to have govt agency snooping around with all kinds of powers. That is scheduled for next week. THEN *today* the FDA came out with a warning that Wanabana fruit drinks have dangerous levels of lead. Of course that’s the granddaughter’s favorite drink and had it daily for months!!! How does that happen this day and time. At least we found the cause before any real damage was done— that we know of at this point.
I retired from a refinery. All refinery's used tetraethyl lead (TEL) as an anti knock agent , and to artificially boost octane, in gasoline. This was stopped in the 1970's or early 80's, We still had these lead facilities, and were allowed to only use Aviation Lead, to boost the octane required to make aviation gasoline, ( piston engine aircraft) that required 120/130 octane if I member correctly! That was the only way we could make gasoline with that high of an octane, I think. I don't know if anyone still used lead for aviation gasoline or not,but this stuff c is really bad,We were taught that once you get lead in your body, you can never get rid of it, and it can build over decades to the point to where it is toxic? This is one thing the EPA did right! Even though it could be partly responsible for higher gasoline prices. It is much cheaper to boost octane with lead, than to produce high octane products to blend it up!!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
China
Gates
Soros
Ecuador
Venezuela
India

Population control

Buying processed foods is playing Russian roulette

Asking for MORE goobermint control / regulation? Nope, sue them out of existence.

America is falling. We see it and sit back to watch it happen.

So sorry for your granddaughter. Hope she recovers and has no long lasting problems.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well they (FDA) were efficient enough to catch this stuff. Think what things would be like if there was no FDA, or USDA, EPA, or OSHA at all? I'm just as much against BIG GOVERNMENT as anyone but some thing we do need to keep funded for our own safety.

Last edited:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I retired from a refinery. All refinery's used tetraethyl lead (TEL) as an anti knock agent , and to artificially boost octane, in gasoline. This was stopped in the 1970's or early 80's, We still had these lead facilities, and were allowed to only use Aviation Lead, to boost the octane required to make aviation gasoline, ( piston engine aircraft) that required 120/130 octane if I member correctly! That was the only way we could make gasoline with that high of an octane, I think. I don't know if anyone still used lead for aviation gasoline or not,but this stuff c is really bad,We were taught that once you get lead in your body, you can never get rid of it, and it can build over decades to the point to where it is toxic? This is one thing the EPA did right! Even though it could be partly responsible for higher gasoline prices. It is much cheaper to boost octane with lead, than to produce high octane products to blend it up!!
Still a lot of lead-based paint on/in buildings and lead pipes hauling drinking water across our Nation.

I remember when, as a child, our toothpaste tubes were made of tin & lead and it wasn't all that long ago that soldier was also composed of tin & lead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom