Emergency Drain Plumber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OK, we need to call a plumber tonight to snake a drain (ongoing problem, a quick snake will fix it). Any recommendations? Since it's such a simple job, cheaper is better!

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it does not have to be too long, go the the hardware store and get a snake and learn to use it. You might even be able to get one at Walmart. If you were close I would loan you one.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, this is down the drain pipe outside the house. Between the house and the street. We have to have someone come out every 6 or 8 months or so. I don't know if a small home sized snake will do that.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use one of them ballons that goes on the end of a garden hose, just run it down the pipe till it stops and turn water on it will swell the ballon up and cause pressure on the lione to blow the stopage out, you may have to keep working down the line to get it totally cleaned out, just make sure you get one to fit the pipe i got mine from lowes for a 3 to 4 inch line.

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next time you have the problem, you might want to measure the snake and find where the blockage is and check the line in that area. We had the same recurring problem when we lived in town. Turns out that there was a flat spot in the line. Appeared that someone had driven a vehicle across the pipe during construction of the house. The line was only a foot or two deep. Replaced the flat spot and no more problems.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, this is down the drain pipe outside the house. Between the house and the street. We have to have someone come out every 6 or 8 months or so. I don't know if a small home sized snake will do that.

You can get a 100' snake at home depot or lowes. I have one. And augers in 50, 25 and 20 foot lengths.

Our house has had the bathrooms flipped around, remodeled, plus a tree in the back yard. Add in the kids flushing half a roll of toilet paper and it keeps me busy.
But still cheaper than calling a plumber! I even had to add my own drain cleanout to the sewer line. I think the people who had this house before me set the AC condenser on top of the old one.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, we need to call a plumber tonight to snake a drain (ongoing problem, a quick snake will fix it). Any recommendations? Since it's such a simple job, cheaper is better!

you need to call Gerred Plumbing ... they are fast, cheap and honest.
called at night they were there the next morning, everyone else said later that week.
evidently they have several plumbers on the staff running hard.

they could change later but as of now they charge $49 to run a snake for your main sewer line, about $130 if they need to go on the roof.
other quotes I got was by the hour .. about $125 hour

they didn't charge me when they couldn't get the main lines to drain.
but that was due to city mains backing up. after the city crew cleared mains, sewer started draining immediately.

Gerred Plumbing would not take a payment because clog was due to city mains. they said just be sure to call them next time.

call 918 296 0759 for Tulsa and surrounding area
918 398 7794

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use one of them ballons that goes on the end of a garden hose, just run it down the pipe till it stops and turn water on it will swell the ballon up and cause pressure on the lione to blow the stopage out, you may have to keep working down the line to get it totally cleaned out, just make sure you get one to fit the pipe i got mine from lowes for a 3 to 4 inch line.

I have used Drain King for small drains in our old house.They really work good and have been around for years...

Latest posts

Top Bottom