EXCLUSIVE: NOAA Relies On ‘Compromised’ Thermometers That Inflate US Warming Trend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some qualifications in temperature monitoring, calibrations, etc. and graphical analysis relating to long term temperature degradation in instrumentation and control systems. Be more than happy to discuss.

Actually have and use a laboratory grade mercury thermometer and an E type thermocouple and transmitter to monitor temps in my shop.

No special reason to do so, just some surplus equipment meant for disposal, but it will be a discussion point in how both can degrade,

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some qualifications in temperature monitoring, calibrations, etc. and graphical analysis relating to long term temperature degradation in instrumentation and control systems. Be more than happy to discuss.

Actually have and use a laboratory grade mercury thermometer and an E type thermocouple and transmitter to monitor temps in my shop.

No special reason to do so, just some surplus equipment meant for disposal, but it will be a discussion point in how both can degrade,

Discuss away. Unless you have proof that 1000s of points across the globe are reading incorrect temps I'd say the OP's story is moot. In which ambient temperature is a small piece of the puzzle so to speak. Mean ocean temps, atmospheric composition, Ocean levels, glacier mass etc etc are just some of the other variables to consider.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The thermometers are old news and the NOAA has been ordered to fix the problem several times since so many are breaking the location rules. The few that have been relocated show a drop in temp compared to the old location. Since the majority of the thermometers are in the US this is more important than most people think or the fanboys will admit.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-234092--.html
Mark Landsbaum: What to say to a global warming alarmist
Feb. 14, 2010
Updated March 18, 2015 12:43 a.m.
By MARK LANDSBAUM / Register editorial writer and columnist

Your postings provide a lot of foundation to what I'm saying, as you notice you would have no idea what to say if you didn't google it and acquire some hollow rhetoric off a biased site. Quite a bit of irony in you posting anything about "alarmists."

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Discuss away. Unless you have proof that 1000s of points across the globe are reading incorrect temps I'd say the OP's story is moot. In which ambient temperature is a small piece of the puzzle so to speak. Mean ocean temps, atmospheric composition, Ocean levels, glacier mass etc etc are just some of the other variables to consider.

What proof to you have that the points are reporting accurately? Have you inspected each one and brought your years of scientific experience in this particular area to bear ? Or are you blindly accepting what you decide is the truth?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He's spot on IMO. Most of OSA has little to no scientific education by my experiences and it shows, especially when they parrot the latest Foxnews type rhetoric.

FWIW, this same article or a similar one has been regurgitated through the MSM several times. The air conditioning vent theories are hilarious.

Confirmation bias goes both ways. Just saying...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What proof to you have that the points are reporting accurately? Have you inspected each one and brought your years of scientific experience in this particular area to bear ? Or are you blindly accepting what you decide is the truth?

As I said earlier..... ambient local temps are small part of the equation. I'd say that I accept an overwhelming amount of information that is documented and referenced, usually through PRJ study. In lieu of what foxnews is telling me.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I said earlier..... ambient local temps are small part of the equation. I'd say that I accept an overwhelming amount of information that is documented and referenced, usually through PRJ study. In lieu of what foxnews is telling me.

You like to say that all information that doesn't agree with yours comes from Fox; I suggest you reconsider that, because it's not true, IMHO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom