Fallin Says 10 Commandments Will Stay Regardless of Courts Decision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for her. She's doing what she can in an environment where high judges are making rulings that go against the will of the majority of the people. Probably won't last long, but I appreciate the gesture.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for her. She's doing what she can in an environment where high judges are making rulings that go against the will of the majority of the people. Probably won't last long, but I appreciate the gesture.
Since when were high court justices supposed to consider what the people want in determining the constitutions meaning? If that were the case, guns would already be illegal.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Nothing like trying to sidestep the rights of the minority to appeal the majority. Especially when it is clearly laid out in the state constitution. (but i guess that can easily be changed to say whatever the majority desires)

But hey, if i guess that might mean the satanic monument gets to stay.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fallin is an embarrassment to Oklahoma. The court ruled based on the state constitution and now she wants to change it because it isn't what she wanted. Hissy fit throwing children have no place in politics, her and the idiots wanting to impeach the state Supreme Court justices.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And of course she wants them to stay because they are tainted with a pagan, all-seeing-eye symbol to desecrate them...it would be like having a monument to Jews with a small Nazi flag on it...but OF COURSE the neo-con governor et al want to keep that Egyptian god symbol up.

cdn2.newsok.biz_cache_w300_a5fc0ed33fb2fa20b46711c2eb2d2fc6.jpg

candrpotts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not that complicated. The Constitution says no public money or property can be used for the promotion of any particular religion. That means if you let one, you let all. Remember that satanic statue that some wanted to put out there? Even if the AG gets this reheard, I doubt it would change anything and the AG might lose some political capital in the process. Even if the topic makes to a public vote, I doubt it would survive a federal court challenge.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I really don't even know what to say. Those that should be upholding law aren't. They've skirted it for so long and when they finally get called out on it they do not comply with lawful requests to comply.

Why don't Christians understand the danger in government-endorsed religion? They're quickly getting outnumbered.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And let's not forget the 10 commandments are essentially useless. The first 4 are all about an egotistical, insecure god. And when you examine all of them.... 8 of them could not be made into effective law. Oklahoma is really embarrassing sometimes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom