Fast and Furious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am of the opinion that the weapons used in Vegas came from the Obama/Holder gun running scandel.

Trump Administration To Release Obama-Era Fast And Furious Documents

by Tyler Durden
Thu, 03/08/2018 - 23:25
SHARES
Authored by Mac Slavo via SHTFplan.com,

We may finally get some answers to the high-level Obama administration’s gun-running scandal dubbed “Fast and Furious.” The Trump administration is promising to release the documents pertaining to that scandal that were withheld by former Attorney General, Eric Holder.

obamaholder-e1520529880423.jpg

Operation Fast and Furious was the Obama-era operation in coordination with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) in which the federal government allowed criminals to buy guns in Phoenix-area shops with the intention of tracking them as they were transported into Mexico. But the agency lost track of more than 1,400 of the 2,000 guns they allowed smugglers to buy.

For over six years, the House Oversight Committee has fought for additional documents related to Operation Fast and Furious. Today, the Committee finally reached a conditional settlement with the Department of Justice,” Amanda Gonzalez, spokeswoman for the House Oversight Committee, said in a statement to Fox News.

“The Committee seeks all relevant facts so we can learn from the mistakes made by the Justice Department. We have a responsibility to uncover why they worked so hard to hide this information from the Committee, the family of [slain border patrol agent] Brian Terry, and the American people.

Brian Terry was killed in 2010 by an illegal immigrant with a weapon used in the botched Operation Fast and Furious. Terry died in a gunfight between Border Patrol agents and members of a six-man cartel “rip crew,” which patrolled the desert along the U.S.-Mexico border looking for drug dealers to rob. The cartel member suspected of killing Terry was apprehended in 2017.

Terry’s brother, Kent Terry also wants the scandal investigated.

“We need to find out the truth, exactly what happened, how it happened, why it happened,” Kent Terry said on Fox & Friends Tuesday.

“We need Mr. Trump, President Trump, to unseal the documents, reverse executive privilege so that we know what happened, and that we can hold the people accountable that are responsible.”

According to Fox News, the Justice Department entered into a conditional settlement agreement with the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. The settlement agreement was filed in federal court in Washington D.C. and ends six years of litigation arising out of the previous administration’s refusal to produce records requested by the committee.

“The Department of Justice under my watch is committed to transparency and the rule of law,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in a statement Wednesday. “This settlement agreement is an important step to make sure that the public finally receives all the facts related to Operation Fast and Furious.

The White House has yet to release an official statement on the Justice Department’s settlement.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am tired of the government doing things like this and withholding information from us. We pay their salaries and they work for us, we aren't working for them-this goes for all politicians!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am of the opinion that the weapons used in Vegas came from the Obama/Holder gun running scandel.

What would lead you to that conclusion?

I, too, wondered where that came from. The Las Vegas gunman had financial resources, no criminal background and owned lots of guns, from what I have read. There's no need for him to have had to purchase firearms illegally or on the black market, he had no restrictions on buying regular guns either from private buyers or FFLs. Although, I will admit in most instances, the first thing they do is trace where the guns were purchased from and publish that to publicly shame retailers into further restricting firearms sales or pulling items from the shelf out of shame for perfectly legal transactions - ala Dick's, Academy, WalMart, etc. I don't recall any information being released about the LV shooter's guns, but they did focus on the ammo purchased in bulk.

Do you have some information that points to nefarious purchases?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I, too, wondered where that came from. The Las Vegas gunman had financial resources, no criminal background and owned lots of guns, from what I have read. There's no need for him to have had to purchase firearms illegally or on the black market, he had no restrictions on buying regular guns either from private buyers or FFLs. Although, I will admit in most instances, the first thing they do is trace where the guns were purchased from and publish that to publicly shame retailers into further restricting firearms sales or pulling items from the shelf out of shame for perfectly legal transactions - ala Dick's, Academy, WalMart, etc. I don't recall any information being released about the LV shooter's guns, but they did focus on the ammo purchased in bulk.

Do you have some information that points to nefarious purchases?

The problem is that the Vegas shooter is dead. There's no one to prosecute for mass murder, yet unlike every other mass murder where we know the make, model and purchase point(s) of the guns within a week (usually less), we don't know a damned thing about his firearms other than "bumpstocksrevilandtoolsofthadebil!". It beggars belief that there's nothing abnormal about this case. :(

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is that the Vegas shooter is dead. There's no one to prosecute for mass murder, yet unlike every other mass murder where we know the make, model and purchase point(s) of the guns within a week (usually less), we don't know a damned thing about his firearms other than "bumpstocksrevilandtoolsofthadebil!". It beggars belief that there's nothing abnormal about this case. :(

Same thing with the TX church shooter, but we knew within a day or two he had purchased his rifle at Academy, I think?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1Capture.JPG
2Capture.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom