FBI Compromises Half of Tor; Firefox Users also Compromised by FBI Javascript Attack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So considering that the FBI calls it "theft of federal property" if you fail to return a GPS tracker they place on your vehicle...

What is it when they infect your computer and you remove their infection?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My computer was seriously hanging up today. Some time later it spontaneously rebooted, and when it rebooted, there was a web page that referenced the FBI and cybercrime. At the bottom of the page was some information about how to pay some money to fix the problem.

I assumed it was ransomware; a virus, implanted by cyberthieves posing as the FBI. So I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled the programs.

But you guys are saying it's the actual FBI?

The FBI doesn't ask for ransom. That's the FCC.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. They demand that citizens be divided into two groups and require one to grab their ankles.
Funny--I didn't include it, but when I typed my response, I was thinking about a quote by Sgt. Hartmann about not having the <censored> courtesy to give someone a <censored>-<censored>...

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, but come on guys... the REAL threat is those brown people half a world away who don't like us supporting corrupt puppet governments in their countries. The Feds are here to PROTECT our rights from those kinds of people... well, them and all those pervs who are downloading pictures and videos of other people doing bad things. They may not be actually hurting anyone, but you know it is a slippery slope! If we don't let the government have the kind of power they need to deal with this threat, then NONE of us are safe! And remember... sometimes you have to trample on people's rights in order to save their rights.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So considering that the FBI calls it "theft of federal property" if you fail to return a GPS tracker they place on your vehicle...

What is it when they infect your computer and you remove their infection?

LOL, well if they ever were to put a tracker and I found it they would get it back in about half a million pieces with a few missing. A little range time would be in order followed by a date with some train tracks.

As far as removing the infection I would assume they would find some obscure law relating to software copyrights and such, once the software is installed they will claim that running it was in essence agreeing to the terms and conditions they have posted on their website.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, well if they ever were to put a tracker and I found it they would get it back in about half a million pieces with a few missing. A little range time would be in order followed by a date with some train tracks.

As far as removing the infection I would assume they would find some obscure law relating to software copyrights and such, once the software is installed they will claim that running it was in essence agreeing to the terms and conditions they have posted on their website.

Or it might fall off while crossing a bridge over a river.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yep. Just like when you tear the plastic off the box you agree to the terms in a file on the disc inside the box.

Latest posts

Top Bottom