Felons visiting? Guns in my House?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What if a relative with a felony record wants to come visit me here in Oklahoma? Must I remove my firearms from my home during that time or is it legal to just lock them away in the safe so that the relative (felon) cannot have access?

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bigger question is- do you suspect that the Felon will try to access, steal or use one of your firearms, or are you just wanting to be sure to comply with the literal definition of the law?

If the visitor is safe and wanted, lock the guns up (I think that complies with the law. Or if you only have a few dozen guns ;) , you could store them at a seperate location) and figure out the transportation arrangements if you want to CC. If you are concerned with a suspicious person, well, you could always meet up at a Waffle House...

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if they are still committing felon activities, it is an easy Hell no you can't come. If they have a felony conviction and are now upstanding citizens, then your gun safe is acceptable as guns not being accesible.

pktrkt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not wanting to hijack the thread but what if you are a CCW holder and they come to visit and you are carrying at the time they are there but all other weapons are in locked safe or they are riding with as in taking them to pick up a repaired vehicle? The felon is an upstanding citizen as in charge was 10 yrs ago and is a non-violent one, just wrong place at wrong time. Been trying to get clearer understanding of this as this person is a close relative and visits often.
pktrkt

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think my guns will get locked away in a friend's safe for the short time the relative with a felony record is here...better "safe" than sorry on this one. Thanks for all the opinions and advice OSA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom