FEMA partners with Homeland Security to identify threats!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on what things are being labeled as suspicious activity. Just playing devil's advocate (mostly) but maybe it would be nice if individual citizens would be more proactive in crime prevention. With all respect to LEOs, they are by nature a reactive force and there are far too few of them to be everywhere at once.

That would be great, but in today's society and our b.s. legal system, you'll get in trouble (most of the time) if you try to prevent a crime. Do like they tell you, and be good little wittness' giving good reports.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are ways to prevent/deter crime that are perfectly legal. A robust neighborhood watch program (not one that does nothing but make cute little signs) is a good example, but then people would have to step out from in front of their televisions every now and then and get involved.

As for the "I didn't see anything" approach to ensure personal safety...I'm mildly surprised to see that sort of thing on a 2A forum. The next step logical step in that model is to trust the government to disarm our citizenry for our own protection. If I see someone commit a crime and can pick that guy/gal out of a line up you can bet that I'll be the first to do so and testify if needed.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on what things are being labeled as suspicious activity. Just playing devil's advocate (mostly) but maybe it would be nice if individual citizens would be more proactive in crime prevention. With all respect to LEOs, they are by nature a reactive force and there are far too few of them to be everywhere at once.

Thought we already had one of those, guess we need more people to watch more people.

What Exactly is InfraGard?

[The goal of InfraGard is to promote ongoing dialogue and timely communication between members and the FBI. InfraGard members gain access to information that enables them to protect their assets and in turn give information to government that facilitates its responsibilities to prevent and address terrorism and other crimes.]

http://dancalloway.com/wordpress/tag/infragard/

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it's wrong, and has nothing to do with the thread; but does anyone else get the uncontrollable smirk response when you hear the word FEMA?

No, not really. But on yet another somewhat different note there are some good deals here in OK. on those fine FEMA trailers we've already overpaid for once, little mold never hurt anyone right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom