Finally got one... Hein Warner Floor Jack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got one... Hein Warner Floor Jack ... USA made should last a long time. It's not unusual to find USA made, Hein Warner, Walker, etc Floor Jacks from the 40's still working.

Hein Warner is one of the last USA made, heavy machine tools available. Almost all of your heavy automotive equipment are made in China.

here's a pic of my Hein Warner Jack next to a 1940's Walker floor jack. it's neat they are still using old time ratings (very conservative) of 2 Ton. this Hein Warner jack weight right at 100 lbs.

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_heinwarner.JPG

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hein Werner, they build high quality tools mainly stuff to do with hydraulics and I dont know about their other products though.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yes the 1940's 2 Ton Walker floor jack works perfect.
parts are still available for old Walker Jacks. they definitely are worth rebuilding.

follow this extensive thread on how to completely rebuild your floor jack, includes parts sources
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18055

Does the old jack in the picture still work? I have one just like it, but it has some problems.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the glow is coming my Hein Warner Jack after speaking to their customer service.
seems my jack is not the old Hein Warner but a completely new line of jacks.

evidently Hein Warner was purchased by Lincoln, along with Walker in late 90's.
then mfg was moved to Asia. Hein Warner line was retired. this went on for a few years until Lincoln/Walker was sold to Clore, then was sold to Shing Fu. who decided to bring back Hein Warner and moved production back to USA in Kansas.

design used for Hein Warner was from 90's Walker. Hein Warner used a cheap plastic fill hole cap. which was upgraded to steel about a year ago.

so I called up Hein Warner asking about getting a replacement for that cheap plastic part that was completely out of place. to me it's a defective part plain and simple.
Flat amazing how getting poor customer service can change completely someone's outlook on their product.

Customer service wanted to charge me $6 for the part, +$8 shipping + $3 small order fee= $17 to fix what I consider a defective part. told them no thanks, I'll make a threaded plug to fix your cheap ass plastic part completely out of place on a high end jack.

amazing how not wanting make good on a cheap plastic part replacement that would have cost Hein Warner a whole $1.50 to fix. is now costing much more in goodwill lost.

Now I'm looking to get a Milwaukee 4ton floor jack to replace my new Hein Warner.
Milwaukee has stayed in USA the entire time.

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_heinwarner2.JPG

Nice! How did you get your hands on one of those?

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My dad has an old walker. We have replaced the seal a couple of times. It was probably made in the 60's . Its a great jack, it will lift almost anything. My dad owned a couple of bobtail dumptrucks . I never tried to lift both sides of an axle up , but , it would lift one side. It probably wasnt more than a 2 ton capacity.

Is the plug on your Hein a pipe plug or is it a special threaded plug?

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
plug thread is SAE fine ... this probably means original American tooling is being used. likely from old Walker tooling.

a cheap plastic part has NO business being on a high end floor jack being sold for $400.

used an old fine thread bolt chopped down to correct length with a copper washer.... done ... total cost if I went to a hardware store $.75 cents

no excuse for poor customer service... saving $1.50? for refusing to fix a cheap plastic part... Hein Warner, does nothing to promote Hein Warner as a premium product.

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_heinwarner4.JPG

Sorry to hear about the plug. Hopefully it is a standard thread that can easily be replaced for $1-2 dollars.

Latest posts

Top Bottom