Finally joined the rimfire club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the ripe old age of 51, I finally bought my first rimfire.

Picked up a Savage Mark II BTV today.

I purchased a CMMG .22 conversion kit for my AR a few months ago, but was not impressed with the accuracy. Since I had already bought 1500+ rounds of .22, I needed something to use with my ammo. Being a sucker for thumbhole stocks, I picked this up at the gun show today for $55 under retail.

[URL=http://s1323.photobucket.com/user/BobnKim/media/Firearms/20130608_172931_RichtoneHDR1_zpsaf39d57d.jpg.html] [/URL]

Looking forward to breaking it in.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't imagine anyone that shoots not having shot a rimfire. You could shoot one without owning one. So this could be the first one he has owned. If he tried to claim it was the first one he had shot (the cmmg ar conversion) I would want to hear more cause that would be unusual.

Nice gun. I like those Savage thumbhole rimfires. I hope they make one like that in the .17WSM.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad may have owned a .22, but I can't recall ever having fired it. I sure haven't had one before this.

I got into firearms late in life compared to most of you and went straight to big bores.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
your gonna love it. accuracy should be predictably boring though, quarter size ragged hole at 50 yards with as many bullets as you care to put into it!

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice rifle!

I enjoy shooting rim fire more than anything else these days.

I grew up shooting a single shot .22 rifle and I think sometimes I am regressing back to my youth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom