finding bow for bow fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wademe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
alright you expert bow fisherman... i need some help... trying to find me a inexpensive bow for bow fishing... i have the set up for it... just looking for the bow... any help would be greatly appreciated!

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Academy has a full bow fishing setup packaged and ready to go. That's the first one I used, mainly because it was an affordable "risk" to find out if I liked it. Four years later, still hammering carp/gar with it.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly, it depends on if you're looking for a recurve or compound. When I bought a newer bow to use for deer, I setup the old one for bowfishing. I don't feel comfortable dual-rolling my deer bow for off-season bowfishing (water, sand, additional risk to the bow, etc). I'd check out craigslist. Good time of year as many are selling their bows from last season.

wademe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a pearson compound bow for deer and turkey. I don't want to mess up that bow for fishing... I am golden with it lol. I was thinking a recurve. everything i have heard is that a fishing bow needs to be a bow with very little let off, and something you can snap shoot. I didnt know if there was a compound i could do that with... not in my budget anyway. I am looking for something under $100 so that if I don't like bow fishing, I don't have a ton of money invested in it. please keep giving me some ideas... I like the pvc idea, just dont know much about pvc bows

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recurves work fine for bowfishing, they don't have the "power" of a compound but stay in the 45lb range and you'll be good.
If you look you can find a Oneida in the $100 range. I've seen Screaming Eagles from $75-$150. The best part about them is you can always sell them for that if you decide you don't like it.
Another bow that goes over looked is the Browning Micro Adrenalin. It's the same bow as the Baracuda, same cams etc it just has different draw mods. You can probably find one for $100 and have the mods swapped out.... I have this done to one of mine. It's just a camo Baracuda instead of the blue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom