FIRE MISSION!!!: Esquire and Lt. Col. Batemen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
IIf this gets you fired up, fire up their comment page:

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/bateman-on-guns-120313?src=soc_fcbks

I hope my fellow RWVA members and Appleseeders get organized online like they did with the 10/22 Liberty Training Rifle entry to win the Ruger 10/22 50th Anniversary Design Contest and drop some Libertyseeds of knowledge on Lt. Col. Robert Batemen to dispel the revisionist history this goose-stepping, oath betraying, slogan swallower is spewing.

Isn't it convenient how Lt. Colon(because he is full of ****) Redcoat(because he issues edicts to disarm Americans from his new home in merry old England) Betrayer(for breaking the oath that he swore to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic by advocating for this unconstitutional oppressive attack on the American people) conveniently ignores the "firearms in common use of the time" rulings in his delusional diatribe denouncing the Supreme Court?

The faulty premise of his robbery note falls apart when that is taken into consideration.

He is right about one thing though, Robert E. Lee, is a traitor and betrayer of his solemn oath before God and the Constitution and so is Robert Batemen. This hypocrite has no business lecturing anyone on the meaning of oaths(you really can't blame his ex-wife for breaking her oath and cheating on him since he is clearly so much more in love with himself than he is anyone else.)

Someone like him, who wears their military service on their sleeve, brags freely about their superior skills and backhandedly boasts about being a really good orchestrater of violence in such a grotesque display of narcissism and hubris is an insult and dishonor to all those who serve and have served humbly and honorably.

I bet this braggadocious ********* would leave with his tail between his legs, without even getting close to earning a Rifleman's patch, if he ever attended an Appleseed Rifle Clinic.

Last edited:

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like someone wants to make O6 in these trying times.....No, really, this is simply establishing himself as a anti-gun guy which may keep him in favor with his next selection board; as vile as that reality may be. However it may also be a bit shortsighted, in that the winds of politics are always changing. Which I think is generally why most military O's keep out of politics.

A funny, unattributed, story about an officer who was drug into the political world:

When former U.S. Military commander in Afghanistan , Stanley McChrystal was called into the Oval Office by Barack Obama, he knew things weren't going to go well when the President accused him of not supporting him in his political role as President.

"It's not my job to support you as a politician, Mr. President, it's my job to support you as Commander-in-Chief," McChrystal replied, and he handed Obama his resignation.

Not satisfied with accepting McChrystal's resignation the President made a cheap parting shot. "I bet when I die you'll be happy to piss on my grave."

The General saluted. "Mr. President, I always told myself after leaving the Army I'd never stand in line again.”

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like someone wants to make O6 in these trying times.....No, really, this is simply establishing himself as a anti-gun guy which may keep him in favor with his next selection board; as vile as that reality may be. However it may also be a bit shortsighted, in that the winds of politics are always changing. Which I think is generally why most military O's keep out of politics.

Officer corps are nothing but politics. Beat the drum, and get advanced. Fight the drum and see where you end up. Its worse than congress.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like he needs to be relieved of duty, and tried by the people of the United States for Treason against the Constitution. or for being a effing punanny (to easy to be pc instead of standing for what is right)

Well hell, just got added to another watch list by big brother. Oh well.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to love the ineptitude of a sworn officer who bashes the historical knowledge of half the Supreme Court, yet himself hangs his hat entirely on the verbiage of the 2A as printed.

Apparently he is such a good student of history, himself, that he has never heard of the "Federalist Papers."

We really have to blame a military that allows an O-5 to think that, because he has been to Army Command and Staff College that he is now a Constitutional Scholar.

Really, everything we need to know about Bateman we can see in his hotmail address, which includes his rank in the name. Seriously, dude?

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This sh!tbag needs to suck start his M9. Those of you wondering aloud on OSA about whether or not there are US troops who would harm citizens in the name of "just following orders" here's your answer. If he's stupid enough to write this excrement, is it much of a stretch to think he could be convinced to go there? I don't know if that day will ever come, but there's your answer nonetheless.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't notice his smearing Robert E. Lee's character, which you apparently agree with. I have never heard of General Lee's contemporaries (even enemy) accuse him of being anything less than earnest. Some recent "historians" like to impugn his character with regularity. General Lee was forced to make a choice between serving the federal government as a force to place independent states under Washington't control, or fight to preserve his home state of Virginia's right to govern herself.

I guess Bateman wants to be seen as facing that same moral dilemma.

If (and this is unlikely) history remembers Bateman at all, I suspect there won't be any streets named after him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom