Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took a couple of the kids fishing in the Deep Fork behind the house and the 5 year old caught first fish. All I had to do was take it off the hook and show him how hold it, he did the rest.

LmdEAcx.jpeg

MVIIk4N.jpeg

CwUvjsJ.jpeg

czJ4k8m.jpeg

Today is a good day.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took a couple of the kids fishing in the Deep Fork behind the house and the 5 year old caught first fish. All I had to do was take it off the hook and show him how hold it, he did the rest.

LmdEAcx.jpeg

MVIIk4N.jpeg

CwUvjsJ.jpeg

czJ4k8m.jpeg

Today is a good day.

Thats a whole lot of awesomeness there!

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pulled my traps from that pond, just one bluegill. I'll drop them in the Deep Fork this week. Hopefully I'll catch something besides bluegill, minnows, and a dead water snake. I set a trap all last spring and summer and not one crawdad or catfish. I set up a trot line once, but the stupid turtles wrecked it and I had to throw it away it was so tangled in hooks.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pulled my traps from that pond, just one bluegill. I'll drop them in the Deep Fork this week. Hopefully I'll catch something besides bluegill, minnows, and a dead water snake. I set a trap all last spring and summer and not one crawdad or catfish. I set up a trot line once, but the stupid turtles wrecked it and I had to throw it away it was so tangled in hooks.
Keep in mind that the ODW pond management services recommend removing so many bass per year depending on the size of the pond. They can quickly overfeed on the available food sources and stunt the bass's growth.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the ODW pond management services recommend removing so many bass per year depending on the size of the pond. They can quickly overfeed on the available food sources and stunt the bass's growth.
The pond is about an acre, her grandfather dug it out 30 or 40 years ago. I have no idea what the stock level is though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The pond is about an acre, her grandfather dug it out 30 or 40 years ago. I have no idea what the stock level is though.
Buddy had a pond about that size. We could easily catch 50, 6" bass from it every day. We studied pond management and started taking a bunch out and introducing perch and many pounds of minnows as well as bringing in big bass from other ponds/lakes because we felt they were severely inbred.
We still take out the smaller fish but return the bigger bass to the pond so there is a food chain. We've caught some 4+ pounders from it.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buddy had a pond about that size. We could easily catch 50, 6" bass from it every day. We studied pond management and started taking a bunch out and introducing perch and many pounds of minnows as well as bringing in big bass from other ponds/lakes because we felt they were severely inbred.
We still take out the smaller fish but return the bigger bass to the pond so there is a food chain. We've caught some 4+ pounders from it.
That's kind of what I want to work on this year. Unfortunately, her grandmother is 94 and won't be with us much longer and I don't think there are plans to keep the property in the family once she passes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom