Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great looking boat from what I can see of it! Where were you that the weather was perfect? The wind has been howling in central OK today.
Thanks, I love my Ranger Tritoon. It’s a 2021 Ranger with a 200 hp Verado Mercury engine. She’s a fish catching machine. I am on Grand Lake in Grove, OK. It was about 80 degrees with just a little bit of a breeze. Wasn’t windy at all where I was. Just a perfect day on the lake. LOL!

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0594.jpeg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Arkansas river below lock 16 and even down stream by the rock jetties are full of hungry sandbass.

Went yesterday and got tired of catching them and caught nearly 20 catfish between the 2 of us that went. caught 2 stripers and 1 drum. I like drum.
SHAD Fillet was the bait of choice but caught some on catfish meat we stole from some buzzards.
True story.

Caught 1 on a jig. White roostertail but they really hammered the 1" square shad piece on a 2/0 baitholder hook with just a split shot for weight.

Tie on 2 hooks and get 2 fish at a time.

Now go get them.
No excuses.
Female Bellies are full of eggs and males are dripping white stuff out of their booties as you pull them from the water.

It's on.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a good morning on the lake this morning. Caught my limit in crappie and a few bass.
First two pics are of us near Sailboat bridge on Grand.
IMG_9186.jpeg

IMG_9188.jpeg

IMG_9178.jpeg

IMG_9177.jpeg

Caught 14 nice size crappie tonight off the docks. The fishing is great here on Grand his week. I just hate that the cold front is coming in this weekend. It will shut the crappie down for sure for a while.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Arkansas river below lock 16 and even down stream by the rock jetties are full of hungry sandbass.

Went yesterday and got tired of catching them and caught nearly 20 catfish between the 2 of us that went. caught 2 stripers and 1 drum. I like drum.
SHAD Fillet was the bait of choice but caught some on catfish meat we stole from some buzzards.
True story.

Caught 1 on a jig. White roostertail but they really hammered the 1" square shad piece on a 2/0 baitholder hook with just a split shot for weight.

Tie on 2 hooks and get 2 fish at a time.

Now go get them.
No excuses.
Female Bellies are full of eggs and males are dripping white stuff out of their booties as you pull them from the water.

It's on.
Drum is good eating. Most people put them in the category as carp, but they are sadly mistaken.
Nice white meat that flakes like crappie.
There is a little bone around the side fin that makes them a little harder to fillet, but one can get around it with a knife.
My last duty station at Ft Leavenworth Ks was along side the Missouri river. Pick up night crawlers from lawns at night and fish after work for the evening meal some days.
Y'all need to try Drum. You won't be disappointed. Primary diet is crawdads and mussels.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid my grandpa had a cabin just across from Sailboat Bridge to the west. We used to drift fish on the west side of the bridge and drifting from the south towards the bridge. Caught an awful lot of catfish doing that. Good times!
We were in a bidding war for a place on Red 11 on the west side of sailboat and backed out.
From what I hear, some development company came in there, bought out everyone and built a resort in that location paying a premium for the properties.
I guess we missed out, going to Grand almost every weekend for years in the summer months.
Told the wife the other day, we need to start going there again. It was our favorite lake. Fishing was awesome, tons of boat accessible restaurants, and so on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom