Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been fishing in years and it's been a sore subject with me. However, me and my son were able to get out and fish a neighbors farm pond yesterday. We caught a few perch and then I landed this monstrous bass! I didn't have scales, but my inner fish-senses tells me that it was about 14lbs.

P.S. for size reference, the rooster tail has to be at least 9" long and weighs an easy 14 oz.

bass1.jpg

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been fishing in years and it's been a sore subject with me. However, me and my son were able to get out and fish a neighbors farm pond yesterday. We caught a few perch and then I landed this monstrous bass! I didn't have scales, but my inner fish-senses tells me that it was about 14lbs.

P.S. for size reference, the rooster tail has to be at least 9" long and weighs an easy 14 oz.

View attachment 269886
A true fisherman

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the late 50s when I was at Murray, couple of friends and I cut class and went to Big Sandy. Caught an unbelievable mess of big crappie. Haven’t seen the like before or since.
Called my Dad and Grandpa and they came over next day. Caught not even 1 crappie. However, we caught big sand bass till our arms gave out.
Have never had a two day experience like that since.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you catch those drifting? What was used for bait? Nice haul! Lots of good eating there.
We anchored a 24’ pontoon with the front in 6’ of water and the stern at 15’. Guys in the back were fishing straight down with myself and another guy in the front throwing parallel to the bank with Mr Whiskers catfish bait on a treble hook 3’ under a bobber in 6’ of water.
It’s spawning season for channels in Tx.
Oklahoma won’t be far behind. Water temps are key.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 269886
Hey, don’t under estimate it. Them there fish’s are deceptive in size and weight. 🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom