Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Caught a few nice crappie but wasn’t prepared to take any home so they got turned back. Caught about a dozen small bass too. Was going good and then at 5:50 it just turned off.
F15397D3-CF9C-4D5F-B16F-698790A434D2.jpeg
9C2743AD-A72F-4E82-8174-38E81FB5AFC6.jpeg
9D597F71-12D4-4238-AF1D-FDF0FE168C1A.jpeg
A83F47E2-7A3F-42C7-8C33-48FBA9788874.jpeg

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tell me your from Eastern Oklahoma without telling me you're from Eastern Oklahoma. We got the Cimarron trickle out near me. It's "big" about 4 days a year. Would be nice to have access to real rivers like you boys do. Good haul, enjoy the spring bite!
Yup. Gotta have big water for big blues.
Thanks!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were watching the Blue Angles practice from a Tri-toon today. I had to throw out a line with some fish gum on it.
Never saw a bite but when reeling in, felt some pressure and discovered I’d caught a puffer fish.
Horny toad looking fish that quickly inflate themselves into a size bigger than a big softball.
One more species I’ve never caught before.

IMG_2866.jpeg

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were watching the Blue Angles practice from a Tri-toon today. I had to throw out a line with some fish gum on it.
Never saw a bite but when reeling in, felt some pressure and discovered I’d caught a puffer fish.
Horny toad looking fish that quickly inflate themselves into a size bigger than a big softball.
One more species I’ve never caught before.

View attachment 465805
Those are a delicacy, but fatal if not prepared correctly.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They say caviar is a delicacy also.
I think it was a trick on some rich folks.
The more expensive it is the better it is type of thinking.
They choke that stuff down thinking they are highfalutin.

Suckas.
My grandmother would issue a big arse chewing if one of her sons or grandsons disposed of channel cat eggs. She would bread those things up and deep fry them. I tried them later in life, and they are not for me. I also was tasked as a kid to supply her and grandpa with squirrels. About 4 a year kept her happy. Grandpa would skin and gut, she would take care of the rest. Squirrel brains and eggs was her favorite breakfast.

ch1966

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandmother would issue a big arse chewing if one of her sons or grandsons disposed of channel cat eggs. She would bread those things up and deep fry them. I tried them later in life, and they are not for me. I also was tasked as a kid to supply her and grandpa with squirrels. About 4 a year kept her happy. Grandpa would skin and gut, she would take care of the rest. Squirrel brains and eggs was her favorite breakfast.
A man's gotta know his limitations.
I eat smoked oysters on Ritz crackers on the boat. Nobody ever wants one but they'll eat the crackers. :)
I understand.
"I'll just have eggs Granma."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A man's gotta know his limitations.
I eat smoked oysters on Ritz crackers on the boat. Nobody ever wants one but they'll eat the crackers. :)
I understand.
"I'll just have eggs Granma."
Just had a dozen oysters on the half shell at dinner tonight. I eat them mainly for the shock effect on our friends wives being sure to make extra slurping noises when eating them for the enjoyment of the husbands watching them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom