Fogo de Chao coming to OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
N Penn, in the old Bravo! building.

Fogo is my favorite churrascaria. Can't wait.
icon_smile_tongue.gif

https://www.okctalk.com/content.php?r=987-Fogo-de-Chao-coming-to-OKC

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Wife and I went to Texas De Brazil years ago while in Texas for a mini vacation. While we had a little money back then we were not rich. We took one look at their prices and walked out. Even if I won billions I could not bring myself to spend that kind of money on food.

What is the most expensive food you’ve ever had?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the most expensive food you’ve ever had?
Probably Cattlemans. Well that we paid for anyway. A few that family has paid for that might be a little more expensive. I have eaten several home cooked meals that put any restaurant food to shame. I refuse to pay enough to feed a small family for one meal. I do not care for the fancy surroundings or being able to brag I ate at some fancy restaurant. Give me a good home cooked meal or a mom & pop dinner anyday.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I went to Texas De Brazil years ago while in Texas for a mini vacation. While we had a little money back then we were not rich. We took one look at their prices and walked out. Even if I won billions I could not bring myself to spend that kind of money on food.
Back before the Rona times, we had an annual corporate shindig at Texas de Brazil in Tulsa. It's way too hard to leave there not stuffed to the gills. I wasn't paying the bill, so I have no idea what it cost, but it was that rare combination of high quality and high quantity

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back before the Rona times, we had an annual corporate shindig at Texas de Brazil in Tulsa. It's way too hard to leave there not stuffed to the gills. I wasn't paying the bill, so I have no idea what it cost, but it was that rare combination of high quality and high quantity
If I remember correctly, it would have come to about $75 for the two of us, but it might have been more.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Humm, Yep beef prices have gone up, but still glad I know how to operate a charcoal grill to get a pretty good steak. Dawn dish washing soap I have to use afterwards is up in price also. but hey I did it myself. For both of us with a baked potato, toppings and grilled asparagus for much less than $30 even at today's prices, but hell, I did not get a tip. Guess i will make it up with not spending gas money.

Yep harassing a little, but damned; eating out is getting overly expensive, "fast" Drive through window price is equal to a steak and baked potato on the grill I can cook for me. Especially if you have a $4.50 beer or two eating out price at less than $1 from WM to wash it down and back while grilling or cooking or cleaning up. Yep retired and have time, (yep understand many people do not) but mostly I am glad I learned how to cook all kinds of stuff. Grill, smoke, boil, wok, deep fry, griddle, most everything, almost as good as eating out most places and most importantly, how to load and press start on the dishwasher. Ha

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trying different restaurants is our entertainment. But it's usually more geared to the smaller, out of the way places and it's usually in the $20 to $30 range...maybe a bit more on occasion. I'd guess we eat out 2 or 3 times a month. We don't hit the pricey places...but it seems they're all getting pricey these days.

The thing I miss most about living near Altus is Fred's Steakhouse. Pretty hard to beat a $4.99 chicken fried steak dinner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom