"For Our White Friends Desiring to Be Allies"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone is up in arms about WHO should pay for medical care and WHAT should be covered!

Perhaps the first thing everyone actually needs to settle is WHY is our medical care, to include pharma, so much higher than just about anywhere else in the world? Maybe there needs to be a bit of an adjustment to the 'For Profit' business model that has been in use for decades. When one is charged an outrageous price for extremely inexpensive disposables (latex gloves, paper pill cups, band-aides, etc.) something needs to change.

To use the time worn excuse that the high cost is needed to pay for the high-tech equipment doesn't hold water because other countries also have and use the same high-tech equipment, yet the cost to the patient is a fraction of what we are being gouged for. Only when we get the cost under control, THEN we can figure out who needs to pay for it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone is up in arms about WHO should pay for medical care and WHAT should be covered!

Perhaps the first thing everyone actually needs to settle is WHY is our medical care, to include pharma, so much higher than just about anywhere else in the world? Maybe there needs to be a bit of an adjustment to the 'For Profit' business model that has been in use for decades. When one is charged an outrageous price for extremely inexpensive disposables (latex gloves, paper pill cups, band-aides, etc.) something needs to change.

To use the time worn excuse that the high cost is needed to pay for the high-tech equipment doesn't hold water because other countries also have and use the same high-tech equipment, yet the cost to the patient is a fraction of what we are being gouged for. Only when we get the cost under control, THEN we can figure out who needs to pay for it.

I may be wrong, but I think those prices on aspirin, gloves etc are used to help pay for those uninsured that get treatment and have no means to pay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Yes they can be tracked, but most forum owners don't have that capability and the tools at their disposal don't go as deep as a web developer depending on the forum format.
I'm an administrator on another forum, I don't have those tools because the developer didn't release them.

Multiple accounts, changing user names, is all BS. Say you what you have to say and own it. Mike Cox, AKA Pstmstr.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it's hard to understand when I'm a person of color (light color) I guess we're all colored except for the transparent ones like Obama who said he'd be transparent-and then he wasn't-but that's another story. It is said that "Education is power" but few educate themselves for various reasons which overall harms them and their communities. LBJ instituted the "Great Society" in 1965 which gave "benefits" to poverty stricken people. Before that there was a plethora of Black-owned businesses which after 1965 sort of died on the vine and never recovered. LBJ was a Democrat and he served/failed them well because the Democrats have kept them on the dole for nearly 60 years drawing benefits, unemployment has skyrocketed among the Blacks and they have a lot of free time to demonstrate and revolt against the oppressors which the Democrat politicians call those os us that that work. So we have been paying them reparations since 1965 form our tax dollars. Personally, I ask why other ethnic groups aren't complaining such as Native Americans, Irish-remember they were used on building the nations railroads and if they were crushed between railroad ties or machinery, they'd just go out and get another Irishman for hard labor. tHey wouldn't use the eBlacks because they were too valuable to lose like the Irish.
Sometimes I wonder who is the smarter, those that sit back on their behinds and accept handouts or those that work and pay taxes supporting every deadbeat in the world. We are either too tired to demonstrate or just don't have the time and we're stuck with all these dependents-and we can't claim a one when we file taxes...

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah no kidding....

Who the f*** do I owe, what do I owe them, and why?

LOL what a load of shyt.

It doesn't matter what we think, the politicians are going to do exactly what they want and if they want to give our tax dollars for "reparations" we don't have a choice-they'll pass a law-and they'll remain in congress.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While an individuals choices can lead to poverty, it's a vicious cycle that many cannot get out of. Not everyone gets the same opportunities. While some people can rise from the ashes not everyone can, regardless of how hard they try.
While the figure may be off, we all have the ability to get out of bad situations. I'm better off than my ancestors because of the choices I made and I'd be wiling to bet you have more than your ancestors, you're apparently a Fireman and I'd be wiling to bet you make a heck of a lot more money than many of your peers simply because of your choices. No argument wanted nor offense intended, I'm just tired of excuses and blame directed toward those of color...lighter color when we haven;t done anything but work and pay taxes that are wasted.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt that many have ever been refused needed healthcare due since 1986 so why did we need Obamacare other than redistribution of wealth? I am hard on this subject, let me give you a "word picture." I was raised very poor and am still smarting from it-I'm talking about living in a shack built from Tinker AFB scrap lumber that cost a $1.00 per pickup load. i hard-worked my way out of that situation and today I'm retired. The way I look at it, if a guy works from one paycheck to the next and fritters it on beer, whisky and all the other vices-and never saves for old age, why is this deadbeat entitled to free medical care? I worked all my life to have medical care and paid my "fare share" of taxes. Is this deadbeat that has never saved a dime entitled to healthcare if he hasn't invested in the "system" and I and many others have worked our tails off to get by? The entitlement syndrome is supposed to be a helping hand and not a generational giveaway program. It should be temporary and not permanent as some think. Today, there are a vast number of educational programs in public schools and even some businesses that allow people to become high paid blue collar workers-something that was never dreamed of in my early days. So don't complain if you can't get ahead in life, we have Vo-Tech for those unemployed and it's free for some eligible people. I wouldn't dare suggest we take SS away from those disabled or elderly/infirmed but those who are able to work and refuses, it is a different matter-they deserve nothing because they won't and don't contribute so why ar ewe supporting them?

Latest posts

Top Bottom