For you noodlers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Show me the law that's says you can't feel a hole with a stick.
Says hands only, ok. Not catching the fish with the stick, just feeling a hole.
Laws says poles "with hooks attached"
Me and Jared went round and round about this last year, but the wardens in my area say we are fine as long as we don't have hooks. Not to mention, up until recently it was legal to use hooks in my area.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me and Jared went round and round about this last year, but the wardens in my area say we are fine as long as we don't have hooks. Not to mention, up until recently it was legal to use hooks in my area.

There is an old thread about the sticks.
I'm on my phone, and search doesn't work.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

There is an old thread about using sticks.

On my phone, and the search doesn't work

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got no problems with any of those rules. Since noodling has been glamorized on all those stupid tv shows, I can only imagine that big flatheads have taken a hit. I'm glad to see we can keep blues now. That is a lot of pain to drag one out of a hole and have to turn it loose! We'll still drag one out even if we know it is a blue, just to laugh at each other getting tore up. I love hearing that bank thump and see a sudden jerk from that guy's legs sticking out of the water that is in the hole, you know he just got hammered. Don't think I'd be too keen on noodling at night, you other guys can have at it. I like being able to keep an eye on the rest of my party, for safety's sake. And I open my eyes under water, even in a muddy river, so I might freak out if it was dark!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Consider me a pansy........not going, day or night. I shouldn't say not going, I'd like to see it done sometime, just not reaching into any submerged holes.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is an old thread about using sticks.

On my phone, and the search doesn't work

Yes i know, it's where me and Jared went round and round about it.
But like i said, the GWs in our area say its fine to use a stick as long as you don't have a hook on it. We've been checked numerous times while noodling. Never got a ticket for it and we use sticks all the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom