Found a deer stand in city limits today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in OKC city limits. I'm sure my best deer harvesting could be done here on my 7 acre homestead. I think I could even sit on the toilet open the window and take one with my crossbow. Actually.....that's the plan if I ever get desperate.
you must be in the boonies? I know there are some plots that big in the Eastern part of the city, but otherwise I was just curious if you were right on the edge of town?

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you must be in the boonies? I know there are some plots that big in the Eastern part of the city, but otherwise I was just curious if you were right on the edge of town?
Nope I’m just 2 miles from TAFB. I bought this property when it was in the boonies in 1979. 13 5-acre lots make up our wooded addition. As well there are 30 undeveloped acres next to me.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
The area where I live, has been cut up into small acrages, and houses built, the last 45 years. It seems the deer population has grown drastly in that time, Now you have to be careful driving at night, not to hit a deer. I told my wife we have smart deer around here, hanging around all the houses so hunters are afread to stoot them for fear of hitting a house?

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The area where I live, has been cut up into small acrages, and houses built, the last 45 years. It seems the deer population has grown drastly in that time, Now you have to be careful driving at night, not to hit a deer. I told my wife we have smart deer around here, hanging around all the houses so hunters are afread to stoot them for fear of hitting a house?
That’s why I bought a crossbow. Haven’t used it yet on one of these ‘home deer’ but it’s an option. I have 7 acres and undeveloped land around me and it’s not unusual to have 5-6 deer within a few yards of my house most days.

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has hit 3 bucks and totaled 2 cars with in a mile of our house in Edmond and they rob my garden to the point I just give up. They eat the flowers to the stub and will do this in the middle of the day and run around like dogs. I have seen 2 bucks that was well over 150's just below the sliding upstairs bedroom window that overlooks the garden and creek area. So, could I call that a stand and legally take a deer in archery season? Really kind of torques me to drive 20 miles to set in a Deer Blind for several days not see a deer and the cameras show them at the feeders in the middle of the night and if you do see one in the day its tippy toeing around so nervous you couldn't shove a peach seed up its (well you know). Deer have figured it out like Geese have. Lots of people safe, no people skiddish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom